Mavala Nail Color in The Elle Orange

July 02, 2012


Recently I decided to stop buying nail polishes and start using the ones that I actually had... I've got quite a lot to get through! This one had made its way to the top of my nail polish tin and I thought that it was worth a try. As you would have probably guessed by the name, this came free with Elle a while ago (I believe it was last summer) and admittedly at first, I thought it was a colour that I would hate. This turned out to be a beautifully bright orange, not neon but bold and refreshing none the less. It is a decent formula, it applied well and took two coats for full opacity; as to be expected.


With this one, I didn't apply a base or a top coat and so can't comment about how long it lasted truthfully - and from now on I don't think I'll bother. I change my nails so often, and the nature of my job means that any nail polish chips within a day regardless, so I don't believe I'm offering much on that front! What I can say is that this polish turned out to be just what I needed to cheer me up and is perfect for the summer - providing that we get any sun of course!

This particular polish was a gift with a magazine, however Mavala polishes of the same size can be purchased from Boots for £4.10.

 

Related Posts

Leave a comment