A haul of sorts: Presents from Martin

February 02, 2013

For Christmas, me and Martin decided not to give other presents for Christmas Day. We were both in a tight spot where money was concerned, so we thought it would be a good idea to wait until after the festivities and do our own "Christmas" during January. I still have one more present to buy him (Debating over which one to get... arrrgh), but he bought me some wonderful things that I absolutely loved! I've only included the make up items here, of which there are a few - so read on to find out what I got.


MUA, £3
As a lot of you will know, 2012 was a big year for MUA releasing new products. I have never seen any other make up brand have such a fast turnover of new products, it was absolutely staggering! I wanted to try one of their stains to wear to work and last all day. This is a soft pink, quite natural shade.


MUA, £3 each
These were at the top of my list to try! I love the idea of these, and with them coming in an impressive range of shades for a budget brand, I knew that I would end up with these sooner or later. You all know the score with these by now; pour the beads over a wet, polished nail and you have a "caviar" nail effect!


MUA, £6
My final product from the brand was the Artiste Collection palette, another product I was dying to get my grubby mitts on! This contains six eyeshadow shades, two blushers, a bronzer and a highlighter. This is a first for MUA as they had previously only done eyeshadow palettes. I'm really looking forward to using this!


Pound shop, £1 each
Martin has got a knack for finding brilliant nail polishes in pound shops... this time was no exception! He told me that he got them from a pound shop and I'm amazed that these were available. I got the shades Fairy Teal (bought for using under the black/teal Nail Constellation above), Gray by Gray and Shiny Penny.


Pound shop, £1
Another pound shop find, this was a complete surprise for me! Proving again that Martin has a knack for finding brilliant products amongst the overcrowded stands, this little beauty is a Rimmel Stir It Up! eyeshadow in 800 No Way. I thought this was a powder at first but it is in fact a cream... my very first!


Superdrug, £3.99 and £6.99
Last but not least is not  actually a present from Martin at all, but I thought I'd stick it on at the end. I'd never heard of Maybelline's Super Stay range, but I was super impressed with the pigmentation when I swatched it. These were bought to go with my outfit for a Black Milk meet I'm going to today!

 

Related Posts

Leave a comment