Review: Macadamia Natural Oil samples

March 01, 2014

Macadamia Natural Oil samples review photo

A few weeks ago, I got in contact with The Hut, after they tweeted saying that they were looking for some bloggers to review some products for them. The products in question turned out to be these sample sachets of the Macadamia Natural Oil range, including the Rejuvenating Shampoo*, Moisturising Rinse*, Nourishing Leave-In Cream*, Reviving Curl Cream* and Deep Repair Masque*. I'd been wanting to try the Deep Repair Masque in particular for quite a while, so I was thrilled to not only try that, but a good portion of their whole range too. The fact that they were sachets was ideal, as I wasn't sure whether I'd get on with the Rejuvenating Shampoo - two tries of a hair care product is generally enough for me to be able to review them. Incidentally, these were quite generous samples and I was able to get two uses out of each one. Let's get onto my mini reviews, shall we?

Rejuvenating Shampoo: This was the first product I tried out of all the samples, and I have to say that it didn't fill me with confidence. Being paraben and sulphate free, I wasn't sure whether I would have enough for me to try it out on my long, thick hair. It turns out I did and more besides; it still foamed surprisingly well and worked easily through my hair. It also smelt lovely - it reminded me of having my hair washed at a salon. However, as much as I enjoyed using it, my hair didn't really appreciate it. It left my hair feeling weighed down, a bit lank and it didn't feel particularly clean. I had to go in with some dry shampoo to try and get a bit of 'oomph' back into my hair - not what I want to be doing when I've just washed it!

Moisturising Rinse: Unlike the shampoo, I was convinced that I was going to get along with this and want to keep using it. Sadly though, as it turned out I really wasn't a fan of this at all. Whereas the shampoo smelt lovely, this conditioner smelt like it had gone off - I'm pretty sure it hadn't, but it had an unpleasant scent that I could still smell even when my hair was dry. Normally, I can work conditioner quite far up into my hair and not have a problem, but with this it left the hair at the back of my head feeling very greasy. I made sure that I had washed it all out, just like I do with my regular conditioner but this left a very noticeable residue that felt horrible - a massive disappointment.

Nourishing Leave-In Cream: I don't usually have time to work in a leave-in treatment in my daily routine, but in the interest of fairness I gave this one a good go. This was the first product that I really enjoyed - I have a sneaking suspicion that it shares some qualities with their Healing Oil Treatment. With this, my hair was easier to brush through and detangle (Both wet and dry), felt weightless and otherwise unnoticeable except for the faint scent it left behind. I did need quite a bit to work through my hair, so this sachet didn't go too far. However it never felt like I could put too much in, like you can with some leave-in treatments. I would buy this one again for special occasions!

Reviving Curl Cream: Much like the above, I don't usually curl my hair - either naturally or with heat - so in order to test this I decided to see how it would perform on curling my hair naturally. I twisted and pinned my hair up onto the top of my head, and left it to dry overnight. My hair usually curls pretty well this way, and to be honest I didn't notice much difference in the strength of the curl when I added in this product. That being said, my hair did feel quite a bit softer than usual, was easier to style and my flyaways were a bit more tamed. However, it might work better when used with heat - I won't be able to test that unfortunately, but I'm curious to see if that is indeed the case with anyone else.

Deep Repair Masque: As mentioned previous, this was the product I'd been wanting to try out and it certainly didn't disappoint. I didn't know quite what to expect with the consistency of this product, but it was thick and luxurious and quite easy to work throughout the hair. Macadamia recommend leaving this in for seven minutes (Very specific!), so I let it do its thing whilst I did what else I needed to in the shower. I've also heard of people leaving it in damp hair and twisting it up into a towel for a few hours and seeing even better results. This left my hair feeling deeply nourished, soft and manageable - and again, it left a noticeable scent in my hair that I kept catching whiffs of throughout the day! I might be tempted to buy a full size tub of this product - a 250ml tub is £19.15 on The Hut instead of £23.95!

 

Related Posts

Leave a comment