Barry M Nail Paint in Cobalt Blue and Rimmel Pro Matte Finish

May 23, 2012


You may recognise this from my previous Week in Instagram post, where I bought it as part of Superdrug's 3 for 2 offer. I originally bought it to wear with my dress on Saturday night, but as the evening's events went on I couldn't be bothered to apply it! So on a whim I popped it on one night after work and decided to try my Rimmel Pro Matte Finish over it. The colour is beautiful and bright, and isn't diminished at all by the matte finish. I have to admit that I do prefer this glossy, but you don't know until you try eh! It was almost a one coater for me, with a second coat needed to even out a few streaky patches. The brush is a decent size and the formula is a little on the thick side but dried quickly.


It seems to have a pretty average chipping time, nothing to shout about there. However the matte top coat, despite claiming that it lasts up to 10 days, has already developed a bit of a shine which is a bit disappointing. I'm assuming things like how many times you wash your hands has an effect on this so this shine could potentially be reduced.

Barry M Nail Paint is available from all good chemists - my choice was Superdrug - for £2.99. The Rimmel Pro Matte Finish (not pictured) is again available from chemists; however I bought mine from ASOS in the sale for £3 (RRP £4.50).

 

Related Posts

3 comments

  1. I just used Barry M Cobalt blue for a mani! Please check it out, http://cutetickleangel.blogspot.co.uk/
    I would appreciate it! Thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete