My picks from Primark's Spring/Summer 2014 collection

February 20, 2014

It feels like that it was five minutes ago that I was writing about my picks for last year's Autumn/Winter collection, when in fact it has been just over five months! Doesn't time fly? Primark keep going from strength to strength, and with the new season they have come out with some cracking pieces that I feel like I need to get my hands on. Like most other stores on the high street, Primark have taken inspiration from the catwalk and are showcasing pastel shades, with some edgy, statement accents such as chains to bring the looks together. Some of these pieces are in store already, with others on the way in the coming months and I can't wait to see these in the flesh.

Primark Spring Summer 2014 picks

Spot Jumper, £12 I find myself being drawn towards peaches and pale pinks recently, so this jumper is an obvious pick. This is probably quite lightweight, so could be worn with a vest/tee underneath and tucked into a midi skirt, or with jeans for a simple, stylish look.

Triangle & Chain Necklace, £13 This does seem quite expensive, especially for Primark, but considering I've seen similar necklaces in Topshop sell for £30+ this doesn't seem so bad. I mean, look at the detail! There's so much going on there - a true statement if there ever was one.

Belted Scuba Striped Skirt, £12 I was hoping that Primark would bring out some midi skirts this season, and they haven't let me down. This was my favourite out of their selection, because it's a true classic - how can you go wrong with navy and white stripes?

Contrast Flap X Body Bag, £6 Black and white is such an elegant combination, and with the added gold hardware here, this bags looks (in the picture at least) a lot more expensive than it is. This appears to be quite structured, which I like and a good size too.

Quilted Chain Barrel Bag, £9 I have a bag similar to this from Primark already, but in black and I have to say that it's held up very well. Pale pink could spell disaster for a bag - so easy to show up marks - but I love the chain and zip accents on the front.

Primark Spring Summer 2014 picks

Piped Mac, £25 The first of three(!) coats that I've picked out from the collection is a classic mac. I've never owned a mac before and this has the potential to be the one! Classic in every sense of the word, with the wearable beige and black piping, everyone should have one in their wardrobe.

Metal Watch, £5 I have a sneaking suspicion that I've already seen this watch in store, but in rose gold too. I might have made that up, so don't quote me! For £5 you really can't complain about the styling of this watch - yeah, it might end up feeling cheap but who cares for that price?!

Quilted PU Sleeve Biker Coat, £25 Another classic coat, and I can never resist a coat with sleeves like these. It's one of those pieces that just goes with everything, looks smart without being fussy and is quite practical for our rubbish weather too, even if it doesn't have a hood.

Pink Padded Shoulder PU Biker Jacket, £25 This is going to be Primark's sell-out piece this season, much like the pink coat from Autumn/Winter. The pale pink is bang on trend, add in the cropped length and detailing on the shoulders and you can see why this will be hard to get hold of!

Pink Contrast Raglan Tee, £4 Last but not least is this simple tee, and Primark really can't be beat for affordable basics. Much like the spot jumper, this is one of those pieces that can be thrown on with a bit of jewellery, and you can manage to look like you've made an effort!

 

Related Posts

2 comments

  1. i love the pink jacket and the top at the end! beaut!

    em @ lipsticklives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete