A Healthier Snack: Nākd Apple Crunch Bars

May 17, 2013

Recently I was contacted by a media agency on behalf of Natural Balance Foods, offering me the chance to try a pack of the new healthy snacks from Nākd. Believe it or not this opportunity could not have come at a better time, as I was starting to look for healthier food to take to work for my lunch, how could I turn it down? Read on to find out what I thought of this healthier option to my usual chocolate biscuit bar!


The Nākd brand has been around for a little while, offering a range of tasty, filling bars (as well as Infused Raisins) that are full to the brim with nutritional goodness. All of the bars are wheat and dairy free, with no added sugars and made with all-natural ingredients. When I popped onto the website to choose which pack to review, the new Nākd Crunch range caught my eye. After checking out the rest of the items on offer, I ended up choosing the Apple Crunch bars that you see above.


The Nākd Crunch range are not only dairy and wheat free but gluten free too, and vegan friendly. In short, they should please even the hardest to please! They primarily contain fruit and nuts, but also have soya "crunchies" for added protein and that extra "bite"... sounds good to me. The ingredients list is pretty impressive: Dates (43%), soya protein crunchies (18%), cashew nuts (15%), raisins (15%), dried apple (6.5%), apple juice concentrate (2%) and Bramley apple flavouring. No more no less! I have to admit that I was doubtful I would like these though - I'm not a fan of dates and definitely not a fan of big chunks of fruit in other bars of this nature. However I am very surprised - and happy - to say that I am a big fan!


When I opened up the wrapper I was surprised to find this... it wasn't what I was expecting at all! I was expecting something more along the lines of Alpen bars, so this was a totally new thing for me. In these bars, the chunks of fruit are still there but they are really quite small indeed. The soya protein "crunchies" are definitely the most noticeable both in appearance and texture. I think without these, the bars would be quite soft and truthfully, not that enjoyable to snack on. They taste very tangy, and definitely very apple-y so if you're a fan of apples... I think you'll love these! The bars are actually quite small (30g), but are surprisingly filling and the taste is long lasting, and clocking in at only 106 calories each they contain far more goodies than your average chocolate snack bar. In short, I'm really enjoying these and I will definitely be purchasing some more flavours! It's the start of me trying to eat a little more healthily during the working week... baby steps.

Nākd Crunch Bars are available to buy from the Natural Balance Foods website, where they retail at £13.99 with free P+P for a pack of 18 bars (77p per bar). You can also purchase individual bars at your local supermarket, Holland & Barrett and Julian Graves.

 

Disclaimer: This post contains a sponsored link.

Related Posts

4 comments

  1. Anonymous18 May, 2013

    I may have to go pick some up! :)
    Thank you!

    SAMI★SPOON

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominated you for the Liebster Award :)

    Check out my post here : http://www.bambi-bell.com/2013/05/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete