Sinful Colors Easy Going

February 21, 2014

Sinful Colors Easy Going review swatch photo

Ever since I saw this post from Fee at Makeup Savvy late last year (She's done much better swatches than I have!), I needed that Sinful Colors shade in my life. However, at the time, my nearest store which is Leeds didn't stock Sinful Colors at all. It was only when I went to IKEA with Martin two weeks ago, that I stuck my head into Boots and ended up leaving with quite the haul, including this. Not only did the Boots in Birstall have an impressive Sinful Colors range, their nail polish range in general was pretty astounding! Anyway, I'd read that this shade was one of few available that actually goes opaque in two or three coats; I'd been looking for something like that for the longest time, so when I had the chance, I snapped it up!

Sinful Colors Easy Going review swatch photo

This shade is a very, very pale pink creme - I thought that it was more nude in tone but it definitely leans more pink in real life. That is not a bad thing by any means; it's such a wearable, universally flattering shade that it's hard to point out any faults. I started off by applying this to bare nails, without a base coat - uh uh, bad idea. My nails are quite ridged, so that even by the third coat, it was streaking so I took it off and started again. The second time around, I used my OPI Ridge Filler as a base coat, and then it applied perfectly. Very smooth, with a formula that was a bit on the thick side but fine to work with. The brush was also a bit thin for my liking but again, we managed just fine together. This was opaque in two coats for the majority of my nails, but I went in with a third, thin coat just to even it all out. I've had so many compliments on this shade, and people don't believe me when I say that it is from a cheap, relatively unheard of nail polish brand - I highly recommend any polishes from the Sinful Colors range, and this in particular is an absolute standout from the collection.

Sinful Colors can be purchased from Boots for just £1.99 - also, keep an eye out in pound shops too as they can pop up there as well!

 

Related Posts

Leave a comment