What I've been pinning lately: Midi Skirts

February 19, 2014

It's only the last few months or so that I've started using Pinterest, and I use it in fits and starts if I'm honest. Sometimes, I'm finding tonnes of things to pin onto my boards, and other times barely anything at all, even though I know the content is out there! The main thing that I've been using Pinterest for is for style inspiration, and as you can imagine, there's some seriously stylish people put there. Ever since the colder weather kicked in last year, I've had a major love affair with midi skirts; I went from owning none to owning four in just a couple of months! I never used to wear skirts at all, thinking I didn't suit them but, as it turns out, it's all about finding the right shape and length. I had no idea how to style them, but now thanks to Pinterest that's all changed! Here's the latest styles that I've been pinning, from beautiful girls around the world who wear the midi skirt so well.

All images below are credited with the original source.


Left: Image from Cashmere in Style    |    Right: Image from The Happy Negro


Left: Image from Cute & Little    |    Right: Image from Poor Little It Girl


Left: Image from With Love From Kat    |    Right: Image from Fashion Painted Dreams

What I love about all of these styles is how they are so different, yet follow the same idea. I absolutely love the graphic tops, either jumpers or tshirts; I will certainly be keeping an eye out for some of those on my shopping trips in the future. Whilst nearly all of the girls here are wearing smart heeled shoes, the girl wearing Converse is a surprise to me - I would never have thought about wearing trainers with a midi skirt, but when worn in the right way, they look brilliant. Shoes like that are certainly more practical in the British weather anyway! My absolute favourite skirt out of them all (Even though, to be honest I want all of them in my wardrobe) is the white tulle. It looks so floaty and dreamy, perfect for summer, and, as shown, can be worn in winter too. I need it in my life, stat!

Have you ever worn a midi skirt before? Which is your favourite out of this selection?

 

Related Posts

Leave a comment