Halloween Make Up - Pop Art/Comic Book

October 31, 2013


I don't normally show my face too much on this blog of mine but I couldn't resist sharing what I did with it today for work! If the title hasn't clued you in, this is a pop art look that I'd wanted to try last year but never got around to. I saw it on Miss Budget Beauty earlier in the week and after watching her video, it gave me the confidence to try it on myself. It looks quite effective but is actually very simple to do, it's more time-consuming than anything especially with all the dots. This got me comments left, right and centre from children to adults alike and everybody was asking who had done it for me! I'm not particularly brilliant at applying make up by any means so it just goes to show that if I can do it, anyone can.

Products used:
B. Naked Light Hydrating Foundation
Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer
Soap & Glory Supercat Eyeliner Pen
Laura Geller Inkwell Gel Eyeliner
MUA Intense Colour Eyeliner Pencil (Snow White)
Oriflame Extendalash Mascara
Lime Crime Velvetines in Red Velvet

Using the Soap & Glory Supercat proved to be a good choice - the tip is not very flexible and allowed me to draw smooth, even lines where I needed them. However, at the end I had to switch to the Laura Geller gel eyeliner because the Supercat was running out! This worked out quite well though, because the gel was just as pigmented as the pen and was great for touch ups during the day. The MUA pencil was actually pretty good for this job, despite my reservations but I have to admit that it would have been quicker to use face paint or something similar. The star of the show had to be the Lime Crime Velvetines; for this look I needed a matte colour that wasn't going to budge and smear my white "highlight", and this was absolutely perfect. I would highly recommend it anyway, but for this particular look I really couldn't have asked for anything better! For my outfit, you can just about see the dress that I wore and this was from Matalan a couple of months ago. I ran out of time to take a picture of it for you guys, but click here to see it in more detail. I teamed this with a pair of thick black tights and some red flats, and that was my 'costume' done! The beauty of this is that you can wear practically anything with it and it will still be effective - I didn't need to buy anything to do this look, I used/wore items that I already owned so it's a good one to do if you don't want to throw any money away on a one-time outfit.

What do you guys think? What did you dress up as for Halloween?

 

Related Posts

8 comments

  1. This looks brilliant! I've just finished all my Halloween looks and wish I did this!
    http://www.shemightbeloved.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it next year - super easy to do! x

      Delete
  2. I love this look for Halloween, looks so effective x

    http://yougottabegorgeousx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went as this for halloween! doing the same again tonight for the third time its such an easy cheap costume haha! xx

    An Uninventive Name

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good choice isn't it! Works with anything really. x

      Delete
  4. This is a nice look for Halloween. I like this pop art comic look very much.

    ReplyDelete