StickyGram (Sticky9) Magnets

September 24, 2013

A couple of weeks ago, I had an email asking if I would like to try some StickyGram magnets*. I had never heard of them before, but it's actually a very simple concept - fridge magnets out of your Instagram images! Seeing as I had a whole host of images to play with (Over 800 in fact... I know, I need to get a life) I happily accepted the offer.

stickygram magnets

From what I can tell, StickyGram is a fairly new service, starting up in 2011. Of course, they are not the only company to make products from Instagram, but this was the first time I'd heard of a company doing fridge magnets and was curious to see how they'd work. They also make phone cases too, although they're only offering cases for iPhones and Samsung Galaxy at the moment. The website is beautifully designed and carefully thought out, so the process of creating my magnets turned out to be a doddle. The only problem was deciding what images I'd use! I figured that seeing as the magnets were going to be going on my parents' fridge, they might appreciate some snaps of our two dogs, Holly and Zak.

stickygram magnets

When you go onto the "Create your magnets" page, you are presented with a request to link your Instagram account to the website, which goes without a hitch. Next, you are taken to a screen where you choose the magnets, and all of your images appear for you to choose from. When you click on each image that you've chosen, they appears on a 3x3 grid on the right - you can choose nine pictures in all. I wasn't sure if it would arrive as all one magnet or separate ones, so I took some time to place the images in the order I wanted them. This proved to be a bit fiddly, images kept jumping into the wrong place so that's something that could perhaps be improved on.

stickygram magnets

I ordered my magnets and they arrived two days later, in a cardboard envelope and well presented. It turned out that the magnets did come in one sheet - it is a thin, flexible plastic sheet that can be "torn" along each image to separate them, which as you can see I ended up doing. I wasn't sure what to expect with the quality of the images on the magnets but they're surprisingly crisp and clear. My only criticism is that the images have come out quite dark compared to how I view them online - so that's worth bearing in mind when choosing your images. The magnets are about the same size as you would view them on your phone (An iPhone or something similar), so not so small that all detail is lost nor too big that they end up pixelated. I'm really pleased with my little magnets and would highly recommend these if you're after a novelty way to show off your favourite Instagram snaps!

StickyGram's prices are in dollars, but a sheet of nine magnets like mine would cost you about £9.37, with fast, free shipping. They also do offers from time to time such as '3 for 2' as well!

 

Related Posts

Leave a comment