Stargazer Nail Polish in 506

August 30, 2012


I was wandering around in Superdrug the other day with Martin and suddenly thought "Ooh, I don't have any mint green polishes", something I felt the need to rectify! After a bit of browsing I decided not to buy one because as I keep saying, I really don't need to buy anymore. Imagine how stupid I felt when I got home and realised that not only did I have a mint green polish, but that I had acquired it very recently from the Leeds Blogger Meet Up! This is a gorgeously bright mint green creme from Stargazer, that I feel is slightly blue toned in colour.


I so wanted this to apply perfectly, but I was having a real nightmare with it! The formula seemed quite watery, so even after letting each coat dry for several minutes, it just kept on streaking. After four coats, it eventually smoothed itself out and was fully opaque. Now I have no idea if I was doing something wrong, but I have a sneaking suspicion that this takes longer to dry than usual, and was therefore causing the problems. However, the finish is quite glossy and therefore didn't require a top coat. I've also received a few more compliments than usual about my nails after popping this on - it seems to catch people's eyes quite easily as it is so bright. So, despite everything I will happily be using this polish again; the colour is just so gorgeous that I can forgive the iffy formula!

Stargazer Nail Polish* can be bought from their website for £3.

 

Related Posts

6 comments

  1. This is a perfect colour if you ask me!

    Sandra from The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this colour! I got a bright red one in my goodie bag from the event. Haven't tired it yet but I wonder if it will take as many coats as this one...

    Love, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I'd like to see your review of that! I'm thinking this one took so many because it's such a light shade... least that's what I'm hoping! I've got a shimmery pink to try too x

      Delete
  3. Hellooo! I've tagged you <3 http://fandangobizarro.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/the-laine-blogger-award-tag.html

    ReplyDelete