Review: Talika Eye Therapy Patch

June 06, 2012

Now this is a product that is entirely new to me... not just in itself, but as a type of product! I knew that you could have these sort of treatments done in a salon or a spa, but at home, well that sounds intriguing does it not? I got this in the May JolieBox and I was a little bemused by it, but with promises that sound too good to be true I decided that it had to be worth a go.


It claims to be the 1st reusable patch (what, there are others on the market?!), to smooth wrinkles and reduce eye bags in 30 minutes. Now I'm not old enough for wrinkles yet, but anything that can reduce the dark circles under my eyes can only be a good thing! It comes in a cardboard booklet and the two patches were housed in a foil wrap; presumably to stop them from drying out.


The patches themselves have a clear plastic backing, and feel almost jelly-like, which I was not expecting! You don't need to wet the skin prior to putting them on; they stick onto dry skin on their own and don't come off until you want them to. However they don't feel sticky at all, so there's no residue to clean up once you take them off.


I'm not going to lie about this bit; these are very uncomfortable to wear! This is coming from someone who wears contact lenses and therefore can stand things being in very close proximity to the eyes. All I could think about once they were on was them being there; they're quite thick so they almost seem to feel heavy on the skin. They don't burn, itch or anything of the sort though - they actually felt quite soothing and cooling once I got past how uncomfortable they otherwise felt.


After use, they simply peel off. Pop the plastic backing back on, into the foil they go and they're good for another couple of uses. The question is though, did they reduce my dark circles at all? In all honesty I have to say no, if I scrutinised them there was a slight improvement to be seen but nothing viewable from a comfortable distance. However, I have only used these once so this might improve next time... I'm not holding out my hopes though.

Talika Eye Therapy Patches can be bought from their online store, retailing at £37 for 6 patches.

 

Related Posts

Leave a comment