OOTD: Marvel Superheroes

March 10, 2015

Marvel Top and Tweed Midi Skirt from Primark, Leeds Fashion BloggerMarvel Top and Tweed Midi Skirt from Primark, Leeds Fashion Blogger
Black Studded Clutch Bag from Matalan, Leeds Fashion BloggerBlack Diamante Collar Necklace, Leeds Fashion Blogger
Dr Martens 1461 Grey Patent Shoes, Leeds Fashion Blogger
Cross Midi Ring from Matalan, Leeds Fashion Blogger

Top: Primark (Men's)
Necklace: Unknown*
Skirt: Primark
Tights: Primark
Shoes: Dr Martens (Gift)
Rings: Matalan
Bag: Matalan

It's been over four months since I last posted an "Outfit of the Day" and this one is really quite similar to the last. Oh well. I am actually pretty pleased with this outfit; even though it might not be to everyone's taste, I think despite the slightly odd combinations it works quite well. This was for an evening out in Leeds on Saturday, and before we met up with our friends me and Martin went to a little park to shoot these pictures. This was the first time that we had used my new camera for outfit pictures, and to go off on a tangent it was so much easier to use than my old one. A lot less stress and yelling at Martin was involved, which he must have been pretty relieved at! I'm going to be writing a post all about my new pride and joy very soon if you want to know more about it. Anyway, back to the outfit.

I bought this top from Primark almost exactly a year ago (How does time go by that fast? How?!), and I've worn it quite a few times. It was from the men's section in Primark, which I will have to go back and look through again at some point; their sleeves are actually normal and the neck never gapes, unlike my women's versions. I had always wanted to try it with a skirt, and lo and behold there was one from Primark that I bought at the end of 2013. This skirt is beautiful, but because it's made out of a heavy, tweed-style fabric I rarely find ocassion to wear it as it's a very autumn/winter piece. However, when teamed with the Doc Martens that Martin bought me for Christmas, I couldn't resist wearing it even though we're into Spring now! This was the first time that I had worn the shoes out of the house, and whilst they did rub a bit across the tops of my toes they were actually much comfier than I expected them to be. Aren't they gorgeous? After wearing these, I'm determined to add some more to my collection.

The clutch bag I remember very clearly as being a sale purchase from Matalan in the January sales last year. It comes with a long strap and I usually wear it with that, but this time I decided to leave it off and I think I prefer how it looks this way. It is quite wide, but very slim so I have to be careful about what I choose to take out with me! This bag is a staple item in my wardrobe; because it doesn't have silver or gold hardware, it means that I can wear it with either finish jewellery and it still works quite well. The rings you may recognise from my most recent Matalan haul from last week. As I mentioned at the time, I decided to size up as I wanted to wear them as regular rings instead of midi, and I'm glad I made this decision. I tried wearing one as a midi on a wider finger and I nearly lost it down the toilet!

Related Posts

2 comments

  1. I need to find out what camera you're working! I tried to comment last night but my mobile was having none of it! Lovely photos hun, looks amazing :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be writing a post about it in the not so distant future I think! Thank you hun :) xx

      Delete