Face of the Day #01

March 14, 2015

Leeds Beauty Blogger Face of the DayLeeds Beauty Blogger Face of the Day

bareMinerals Original Foundation SPF15 in Fairly Light
Dior Diorskin Star Foundation in 020 Light Beige
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer in Light
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla
GOSH Translucent Prime n' Set Mattifying Powder
Soap & Glory Archery Brow Tint & Pencil in Love is Blonde
Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara
MUA Powder Blusher in Cupcake
Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm in Sultry

It's not often that I get my face out on this blog - in fact, it's a very rare occurrence indeed. However, when Martin was snapping my recent outfit for me I figured that it wouldn't hurt to have a couple of face shots too. Not only was I in need of a new profile picture (Which has now popped up on everything, you may have noticed), but I thought I'd try my hand at some "Face of the Day" posts for you. Whether I do many more remains to be seen, but here is what I wore on my face last Saturday nonetheless.

For my base, you might be wondering why I'm wearing two foundations - and two very different foundations at that. My holy grail foundation is the bareMinerals Original, which I eventually tried a few months ago after everyone pestered me to. It turns out they were right to pester - it works so well for my skin. It covers up my extreme redness, has buildable coverage, feels weightless and lasts all day. However, no matter how hard I try, I can not use it across my nose. I have the pleasure of deep, wide pores and uneven texture (Sorry, too much information?), so when I apply this over the top, it looks cakey and settles into every crevice. Very attractive. This is where the Diorskin Star comes in, and it works wonderfully to blur out my pores, even out skin tone and not show up my uneven texture. My concealer is another double whammy, with the Maybelline Eraser going underneath my eyes; it's the best concealer that I've found for covering dark circles and brightening the eye area at the same time! The NARS concealer is then used on any stubborn redness or marks, and this works quite well although I wish the coverage was higher. Finally, to top it all off, I use a powder puff to press and roll the GOSH Translucent Powder onto my skin, to mattify my t-zone and help my make up last longer.

For my eyes, like most days I kept it simple - just filling in my eyebrows and applying mascara. My Soap & Glory Archery is another holy grail product, and I don't know what I'd do without it! One day I may just pluck up the courage to show you how good this product really is - but that would mean revealing what's left of my eyebrows to the world. Eeek! My Maybelline Rocket mascara is one that I've been using for a couple of months now, and I really do love it. I bought the waterproof version because of my watery eyes, and I have yet to experience any smudges with this, even when I get caught in the rain! The brush is a little difficult to work with as the bristles are so short, but I love how it holds a curl and lasts all day.

Last, but no means least, is my blusher and lipstick of choice. This MUA blusher is one that I've had for years now and one that I always end up coming back to. It's a pretty neutral rose shade, and very well pigmented - meaning that I don't have to keep going back to add more colour! The lipstick is one that I break out for special occassions, as it wears so well throughout the day. Even though this Revlon Matte Balm is - as you'd expect - matte in finish, it is so comfortable to wear thanks to the balmy texture. Yet, it stays in place and never bleeds or smudges - I don't know how Revlon managed it! It's a firm favourite in my collection for that reason and I keep meaning to go back and pick up some more shades.

Related Posts

4 comments

  1. You look so lovely! Your lip colour is so pretty, will definitely check out that Revlon range...I want a good matte lipstick that isn't drying! x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Josie! I highly recommend the Revlon Matte Balms x

      Delete
  2. Your lipstick shade looks really pretty on you! The color is something I'd wear as well.

    -M
    www.violetroots.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's something a bit different but still easy to pull off x

      Delete