Illamasqua Facet

January 24, 2014

Illamasqua Facet nail polish varnish review swatch photo

Just before Christmas, me and a friend made a spontaneous visit to the Illamasqua store in Leeds. I had walked past it several times on my trips through town but had never peeked my head in, so that day I decided to resolve that. It turned out to be a dangerous trip, as I got talking to one of the girls who works there and she told me that they were running an offer - any three nail polishes for £30. Now, that is expensive but considering that they retail for £14.50 each, you were effectively getting one free. I did pause to think for a second, but after falling in love with three polishes I decided to buy them there and then! One of those polishes is Facet, and it was the first one that caught my eye.

Illamasqua Facet nail polish varnish review swatch photo

This is one of the most beautiful nail polishes I have ever seen; a dark, charcoal grey with a fine gold/copper shimmer running throughout. The way that it shone within the bottle instantly drew me in and I fell in love instantly. I have never seen another polish like this on the high street, and knew that it was unique and pretty special. There were no swatches available at the store, but the girl did say that this was an opaque shade in two coats, and that is exactly what it was. I decided to use this polish with my new SensatioNail kit; if you wish, you can sandwich a regular nail polish between two layers of gel and this polish worked very well for that purpose. I will go more into what I did another day, but it meant that I was able to wear this polish for two weeks, which pleased me no end.

Illamasqua Facet nail polish varnish review bottle photo

The first coat of this was a little watery, and I did panic slightly, thinking that it would take three or even four coats for full opacity but I was mistaken. A second coat was all that was needed and it dried to a lovely, glossy finish - even without the gel top coat. It did take quite some time to dry, which was surprising but for such a beautiful shade, I can let that slide. The brush was of your regular variety, neither wide or thin and was perfectly adequate for the job. Despite the shimmer within the polish, it dried completely smooth with no roughness to be felt or seen - something else that I was unsure of. Despite it's fairly muted shade, it got a lot of compliments and I can't wait for the day that I can wear this again; it comes very highly recommended from me, even for the high price!

Illamasqua Facet can be purchased either online or in store for £14.50.

 

Related Posts

12 comments

  1. That colour is so beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This colour is so interesting but beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This shade is absolutely gorgeous! I wish I had been quick enough to get the Sensationail set when it was Boots star gift :(

    www.ceejayell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may come up on offer again... or at least I hope it does! x

      Delete
  4. This really is beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This nail polish is an absolute stunner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly the most unique I've ever seen! x

      Delete