Review: Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy

January 23, 2014

If you had asked me about six months ago whether I would have considered wearing a perfume by Britney Spears, I would have scoffed and said no. In my mind, celebrity perfumes were cheap for a reason; aimed at teenagers, often sickly and uninspiring. Well, I ended up eating my own words when I smelled this perfume. For some reason or another I sprayed it at work - possibly mere curiosity - and whilst I didn't fall immediately in love with it by spraying it on a card, something made me try it on my skin. Since that day, I have never looked back. I found myself putting some on most days at work, and eventually I admitted defeat and bought myself a 100ml bottle. It is now my unexpected go-to perfume both for work and the weekend and I am truly ashamed of myself for judging a book by its cover.

Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy review photo

Midnight Fantasy is a spin-off of the original Fantasy fragrance, with this edition being released in 2006. I believe that it was meant to be a limited edition, but it is still very easy to get hold of - not to mention cheap - that I think it is still being produced. Claiming to be a sensual, romantic fragrance, this perfume is targeted to a younger audience for evening wear. The bottle is a deep, royal blue and embedded with Swarowski-esque crystals across the body and plastic collar. The bottle is not terribly cheap looking, unlike some other celebrity perfumes and I was surprised to find that neither the name "Britney Spears" or even "Midnight Fantasy" appears on anywhere other than the base of the bottle. I feel that the bottle design could have been improved by just embedding the crystals on the collar, but this is me being picky and otherwise the bottle feels weighty and good quality.

Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy review photo

The fragrance opens up with top notes of framboise, black cherry, and plum, with night orchid, freesia and iris making up the heart. The base notes are amber, musk and vanilla, which to be honest I don't pick up at all, even when it dries down. This perfume is very alluring, and despite it's sweetness with the framboise and black cherry it does lead itself to being quite a dark and sophisticated fragrance. Most would find it too sickly and to some point I agree, but I love a sweet, fruity fragrance so this is right up my street. The fruit notes are incredibly realistic for a perfume so cheap and it avoids smelling too synthetic, which is quite an achievement. I have to say that the lasting power is phenomenal; I spray this on in the morning and it lasts right up until lunch time and beyond. When I wear this fragrance people always comment on it and ask what I'm wearing, which is something that never happens to me - and I own a lot of perfume! I would go as far to say that this is my signature scent and I will continue to repurchase.

Final verdict: If you love your sweet, fruity fragrances and want one that will get you noticed day or night, look no further. This is a high quality fragrance with amazing longevity, for an excellent price.

Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy is available in 30ml, 50ml and 100ml sizes. The best option by far is the 100ml, which is available to buy from All Beauty for £18.90 with free shipping.

 

Related Posts

4 comments

  1. I never thought I'd own any celebrity perfume, but this is the one I wear most often now! I absolutely love this! Same as you, I have never ever received a compliment on a perfume I was wearing until this one, and I've had strangers in restaurants asking what I was wearing!

    www.ceejayell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's strange isn't it?! An unexpected surprise :) x

      Delete
  2. A lass in waitrose had this on the other week (clearly, being nosey, I smelt it & had to ask what it was!). I was so surprised, I completely did not expect her to say Britney Spears.

    It smells LOVELY!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm always doing that! It's a big shock for me too, never expected to love it so much. x

      Delete