Matalan Haul (March 2015)

March 06, 2015

I love Matalan. Ever since I stumbled across their online store a couple of years ago, I can honestly say that it is one of my favourite places to shop. They have some right hidden gems, offer regular discount codes and even when they don't, their clothing is very reasonably priced. What's not to love? They've got a bit of a reputation as being for "old people", but one quick look at their website reveals that this isn't the case at all. My last big Matalan purchase was in June 2014, where I picked up some items that I wear on a very regular basis - this haul is slightly smaller, but still includes some great pieces.


Swing Dress in Red, £12
Having now fallen in love with swing dresses and purchasing several in different colours and prints, when I saw this one it went into my basket straight away! This one has three-quarter length sleeves, so they finish at my elbow; this works well to cover the tops of my arms that I don't like! I wasn't sure how I would like red as a colour on me, but whilst it isn't my favourite, I don't think that it looks too bad at all.


Sports Detail Swing Dress, £12
Now grey is a colour that I am much more comfortable wearing... yes, dull, I know. Out of all of my swing dresses, I do not own one that is grey or has full length sleeves, so I was curious to see how it worked on me. I think that it could have looked very drab if it wasn't for the clever addition of the banded neckline - it just helps to interject a bit of personality into the dress and it actually works very well as a design.


Striped Cardigan, £16
I'm afraid that my picture of this item does it no justice... it's really not that shapeless, honest! When I saw this online, I thought "How fashion blogger is that?!" - and in a moment of madness, I decided to buy it. It is absolutely huge, to the point where it is slightly ridiculous - but I love it. Because it's quite thin, it'll be perfect to throw on as an extra layer on a cool summer evening and it goes with everything.


Silver Three Bar Necklace, £7 and Two Pack Cross Midi Rings, £3
I was looking for some cheap items to bring my basket total up for free delivery (I can't be the only person who does that, right?) when I came across these in the jewellery section - which is really underrated, by the way. This necklace is quite short, so good for wearing with lower-cut tops but not so short that it resembles a choker; the simplistic design means that it will work well with most outfits, too. The rings are meant to be midi rings, but I purchased them in the larger size so I could wear them as normal rings. Me and midi styles don't get on, as I'm forever losing them when the fall off my fingers!

Related Posts

6 comments

  1. Oooh that striped cardigan and necklace and ring set are absolutely gorgeous! What brilliant finds and such good prices!

    Great post.

    http://shebearacharmedlife.blogspot.co.uk/

    Love Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lucy! Can't beat Matalan :) x

      Delete
  2. That red dress is beautiful! I love how you've photographed these as well! Hopefully I'll be seeing these items at the cottage? I reckon it'll be beautiful there to take photos! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of how I have to do them but I'm glad you like them! I would have thought so - and yes, I think it will be too! xx

      Delete