All Used Up #11

October 29, 2013

It's another week and I'm back with another "All Used Up" post... my last one for a while at least. I'd ended up collecting so many empty tubes, bottles and bits of make up that it had all gotten out of hand, so getting them all photographed was a bit of a pain if I'm honest! Still, all done now and I've learnt my lesson for next time. It's nice to have some space back in my room and the recycling bin is looking a bit more full now! Let's see what I've used up this time.

All Used Up misellyre

Benefit Bad Gal Lash mascara
I got this free with a magazine many, many moons ago and for months it sat untouched, not even opened. However one fateful day the mascara I was using had dried up, and this was the first one I pulled out of my make up drawer. It was love at first sight and I used it every day until fairly recently. This offered volume where others wouldn't and separated my lashes nicely.
Repurchase? Maybe, but I have many other mascaras on the go at the moment.

Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer
This was my holy grail concealer for all of last year, and for one reason or another I fell out of love with it. This only had a small amount of the eye concealer left that at the time deemed enough to be worth keeping. However, coming back to it several months later, it looked pretty gross so in the bin it goes. I've since started using this again and I do enjoy it, however it's not as good as the next one.
Repurchase? Yes - already have.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
Aaah, the concealer that everyone and their mother must surely know about. I fell for the hype with this one and I can see why - it works on a multitude of sins. I believe I got this in the shade 'Fair' which worked pretty well with my skin tone. I just wish that the writing wouldn't rub off all over my hands when I use it - it's a pain to get off but other than that I can't fault this in any way.
Repurchase? Yes.

Tweezerman Browmousse*
This was a product I received in the Leeds Blogger Meet Up last year and even though it hadn't truly ran out, I decided that it was time for it to go. Coming it through my fill-in brows every day left the brush and product inside looking more than a little bit manky - I imagine how clear mascara ends up looking over time! This worked really well and only a small amount was needed to tame my brows.
Repurchase? Yes.

B.Naked Light Hydrating Foundation
One of of my favourites foundations of all time, I keep meaning to give this a full review and I will one day. I used this every day from about February through to September - I think that speaks volumes! It offers a light coverage that it buildable to medium, it never looks cakey and settles to a semi-matte finish. I wasn't expecting much from this but I was very pleasantly surprised!
Repurchase? Yes - already have.

All Used Up misellyre

Korres Guava Little Shower Gel
This was with a beauty box I believe, I forget which one however. I took this to London with me in February and used most of it then, and finished it off a few months later. This smelt nice enough but wasn't anything special - it didn't foam particularly well either.
Repurchase? No.

Lush Brazened Honey Face Mask
I review this in full back in March (click here to read), and I'm ashamed to say that it took me far longer to finish than it should have done. I went past the best before date by three months but it didn't really affect the mask at all. It was a good quality mask, good for pampering and smelt incredible.
Repurchase? Probably not, I'd want to try other Lush masks first.

RMK Cleansing Balm
Another beauty box product and another one that sat unloved for too long. That was until I heard about Caroline Hirons and her suggestions for using a cleansing balm - my heart sank then leaped for joy because I remembered I had this! This was actually quite nice, it smelt a bit too strongly of rose for my liking but it worked well and left my skin feeling soft and supple.
Repurchase? No, I can find better ones for cheaper elsewhere.

Simple Soothing Facial Toner
I vividly remember buying this, I was waiting in Leeds train station to go to London when I realised that my mini bottle of Bioderma had completely leaked in my bag. I ran into Boots to pick up something similar and came away with this. I ended up absolutely loving this and was sad to finish it up. It left my skin feeling incredibly smooth and soft and rehydrated where needed.
Repurchase? Yes.

All Used Up misellyre

Anatomicals Your Down Under Body Cleanser*
This product I received at the Leeds Meet Up, and I was a bit confused by the name. It sort of implies that it's to be used on more delicate areas as opposed to all over... anyone else think that? The lack of scent also made that implication. Me and Martin ended up sharing this and using it all over. It didn't wow me at all to be honest, the complete lack of scent really let it down for me.
Repurchase? No.

NSPA Jojoba and White Musk Shower Mousse
I bought this from Asda, it was on offer for just £1 and I was in need of a new shower product at the time. I had high hopes of this being like my beloved Rituals Foaming Shower Gel but alas, it was not even close. This one came out of the pump as a foam and when spread across the skin, it completely disappeared. It smelt amazing but I had to use a ridiculous amount each time to get myself clean.
Repurchase? No.

All Used Up misellyre

Boots Extracts Cocoa Body Butter
You may remember I wrote a post about actively trying to use this up and I eventually managed it! Despite my best intentions I am rubbish at remembering to apply any body moisturiser, and this one being so thick didn't make me want to use it often. However, finish it I did! This smelt lovely and did a good job, but I know I can pick up others that are very similar for much cheaper.
Repurchase? No.

All Used Up misellyre

Phil Smith Be Gorgeous Dry Shampoo
This is a bit of a weird one, as I only remember using it once or twice and when I next came to use it several months later, the can was completely empty! No idea what happened there, but to be honest I was glad to see it go. Whilst it smelt alright, it wasn't nearly as good as Batiste and I found that my hair got greasy again a lot quicker than I'm used to. Not a winner I'm afraid!
Repurchase? No.

All Used Up misellyre

REN No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm
This came as a bit of a surprise to me, as I was not expecting to finish it up this fast. I know I use it every day but I was expecting it to last much longer. That is the only disappointment however, because this balm has done wonders to my skin ever since the first day I used it. It gets rid of every scrap of make up, has a light, unoffensive scent and leaves my skin feeling clean, not stripped.
Repurchase? Yes - already have!

 

Related Posts

2 comments

  1. I love the look of that B foundation!

    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete