Top 5 Summer Nail Polishes

August 06, 2013

beauty blogger top 5 summer nail polishes 2013

Well... here we are again! The British summer has pretty much been and gone I think but there's still a good month or so left of being able to wear the brightest nail polish shades. This season also makes it my last post of this kind - click to see my Autumn, Winter and Spring picks. I've enjoyed doing these posts for each season - I need to think of a new idea for the next "year", as it were! Anyway, without further ado let me show you my top five picks for summer.

Models Own Ice Neon Bubblegum You may remember that I got this from the Selfridges Summer Beauty Box and I couldn't think of a more summery polish! This dries matte but if you prefer, a sweep of your usual top coat will sort that out. This is not as neon as the name suggests but bright all the same. These are meant to be kept in the fridge but I don't think that's necessary!

Models Own Fuzzy Peach Another Models Own shade but one that I felt I must include as it's something a little different. This is an orange shade with a pink undertone but it's not as bright as it could be - it's a touch more subtle. This works well with any skin tone, tanned or otherwise and is quite easy to apply too. You can see my review of this shade here.

Revlon Sunshine Sparkle Martin bought me this quite a long while ago, and at first I thought it was just a yellow creme but it is actually a shimmer. It glints nicely in the light and just adds an extra dimension to the polish. Revlon polishes are good quality - although I imagine a shade like this needs a little extra work - and can be often found in pound shops if you know where to look.

Technic Carnival The dupe for OPI's Rainbow Connection had to make it in here, because it works so well over any colour. I bought this from Bodycare a couple of years ago for 99p and I've seen it floating around on the internet ever since - it's easy enough to find if you want to get your hands on it, certainly easier than the OPI version! This applies an even coverage with just one coat.

Sally Hansen Fairy Teal This shade is what got me into the Sally Hansen range, as they're so good! The brush is perfect, the formula good to work with and only need two coats at the most. This teal creme is perfect for adding a pop of colour to a simple outfit without looking like you've tried too hard. These are also available from pound shops, or from Fragrance Direct for £1.49.

 

Related Posts

2 comments

  1. fab picks!! The Technic and Sally Hansen polishes look like they would go so well together ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think they would too xx

      Delete