Confessions of a Beauty Blogger

April 15, 2013

Today's post was intended to be something else entirely... but one thing led to another and I just haven't managed to get anywhere with anything blog-wise today. Granted I had work but that never usually stops me. I think I've hit my first blogger's block - I can't seem to get any ideas down, they all seem to be boring and done to death. I'm pretty sure we've all been there, so what are your tips? I don't blog often enough as it is so I'm loath to spend any time away from it really. Anyway, rather than post nothing today, I saw this on Natalie's blog and thought it would be quite fun to do. So, without further ado...

1. When did you start your blog?
19th April 2012 - I didn't realise that my blog is nearly a year old!

2.Why did you first start your blog?
Because I wanted to connect with other girls who love beauty as much as me, as well as to share my opinions on products.

3. Have you had any other past online presence before?
I used to have a personal blog on Blogger a few years ago, which never went anywhere. I also have a Tumblr that I no longer use and used to be a avid member of Livejournal!

4. When did you first become serious about your blog?
I like to think I was pretty serious about it from the start, but my biggest regret was not actively publicising it until I had been blogging for a while. For the first 3-4 months I didn't have a single follower, and now those posts go pretty much unnoticed.

5. What was your first post?
It was a review on some Technic and 2true polishes, I'm pleased to say that my photography has improved somewhat since then!

6. What has been your biggest challenge about blogging?
I've never been able to tell my friends that I run a blog. I'm quite proud of my little corner of the internet, but I think my friends would probably think I'm a bit strange if I told them. That, and any of my friends that are also into beauty might think that my blog is a bit rubbish and not what they were expecting.

7. Where do you see your blog in a year?
Hopefully, with it's own domain name and a reasonable following of people who genuinely enjoy reading my blog. Whilst it would be nice to have tonnes of followers, I would rather each follower be someone who actually wants to follow my posts as opposed to having followed for a giveaway or something like that.

8. What is the most rewarding thing, to you, about blogging?
Definitely the community. Everyone who is a part of it seems to be genuinely kind, considerate and willing to give you the time of day. I love it when someone comments on a post, for example, because it shows that they have appreciated what I have written and that spurs me on to write more posts!

9. What is your lasting inspiration or motivation?
Other people's blogs nearly always gives me the motivation that I need, especially those who have really worked hard on their blog and have so much to show for it. My blog might be small and young but I definitely take inspiration from those who are much further up in the blogger world.

10. Who do you tag?
Anyone who would like to do it!

 

Related Posts

2 comments

  1. The community is definitely the best thing about blogging. I've met so many lovely girls thought it. Well, not in person yet, but hopefully one day I will. :)

    ReplyDelete