Review: Neal & Wolf Ritual Daily Cleansing Shampoo and Conditioner

May 31, 2013

A few days before I went to the FABB Bloggers Leeds event, I had a tweet from Neal & Wolf telling that there were going to be some products of theirs at the event. Naturally I got quite excited, because I've heard so many good things about their products and a chance to try their products would be amazing. I was expecting a couple of sachets, which I did get, but I was not expecting a full size bottle of their shampoo! Shampoo is always something I'll need to use, so I was very pleased that I was going to be able to review them. Continue reading to find out what I thought!


As you can see above, I received two sample-sized sachets; one of their Daily Cleansing Shampoo, and one of their Daily Cleansing Conditioner. Sachets, dare I say it, are often a bit of a disappointment as it doesn't really give you a chance to properly test a product. Nevertheless, I put them away and saved them for my trip to London a month later. After struggling to get into the sachets with wet hands from the shower (When will I learn to open them before getting in?), I was greeted with an amazingly beautiful scent. For me it's impossible to describe what it smells like - it's unlike any other hair product I've smelt. I expected the products to smell like hairdresser's salons but they don't at all. Let's put it this way, if you come across a tube of their shampoo or conditioner in a shop open it and get a whiff; I dare you not to fall in love with it! The amount of conditioner in the sachet wasn't enough for me to cover the amount of hair that I wanted, so I just concentrated it on the ends. I left it on for about five or ten minutes, then rinsed off as normal. When I had blow dried and styled my hair, I have to admit that I didn't see any difference to my usual conditioner. But then, I didn't expect to notice any difference after just one use so it wasn't a disappointment. I would hope that after repeated use - it does say "daily conditioner" after all, it's not an intense treatment - that I would see improved results, but it's too expensive for me to try, in all honesty.


The shampoo was what I was desperate to try, because I was able to use it as intended. In an effort to not use it up too quickly (It is expensive after all), I decided to alternate it with my regular shampoo so I could compare results day-to-day. This shampoo claims to "boost vital moisture and reduce flyaway hair" as well as "deliver brilliant shine". Flyaway hair is a real problem for me, especially at work with the constant air conditioning and heating changing every day, so I was keen to see if this helped improve the problem slightly. Plus, my hair always needs that extra moisture so this sounded like a winner to me. I have to say that I have noticed a slight improvement with my flyaway hairs, and I think it is down to how soft my hair feels once it has been blow dried and styled. It's not a massive improvement over my regular shampoo - I would go as far to say that they're quite similar - but every little helps so I give it the thumbs up. I imagine that the longer you use it, the more you see the benefits so I'm hoping that things will improve all the more with regular use. My hair is a little easier to brush through than normal and feels well and truly clean after each wash - which I often struggle with by using moisturising shampoos. It doesn't offer much in the way of volume but then it doesn't claim to.

Final verdict: If these didn't have such a hefty price tag, I would consider buying these again. But, if you enjoy and are a regular user of luxury brands I would highly recommend giving both of these a try.

Neal and Wolf Ritual Daily Cleansing Shampoo* (250ml) and Conditioner* (200ml) can be bought online from Beauty Bay for £8.95 and £9.50 respectively, with free P+P.

 

Related Posts

Leave a comment