Selfridges Summer Beauty Box 2013

May 29, 2013

You know back in March, when I said that the Birchbox was going to be last my beauty box? Well, I unintentionally told a little white lie there because look what I've got to review for you guys today! I was having a casual scroll through my blog feed when I saw a post by Jess from Paint By Numbers about the Selfridges Summer Beauty Box. No sooner had I finished reading the post, I hotfooted it over to the website and bought it straight away! It's an amazing box; keep reading to find out what it's all about and how to get one for yourself.


At the back end of last year, Selfridges launched a beauty box in celebration of their new beauty hall. In all honesty, it completely passed me by although plenty of bloggers wrote about it. From what I can gather it was intended to be a one-off beauty box, and it sold out pretty quickly. Now that summer has rolled around they have brought out a season-appropiate version and oh, what a box it is. The products inside are worth over £70 and box is selling for £25  - how about that for value!


Inside the box are ten goodies for you to explore, and most of them from brands that we know and love. In the box you receive the following:

- Aqua Splash Tangle Teezer
- Models Own Ice Neon Bubblegum Nail Polish
- Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray (50ml)
- Molton Brown Blissful Temptree Shower Gel (100ml)
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir (30ml)
- St. Tropez Instant Glow Face Lotion (50ml)
- Jane Tran Hair Clips
- Erborian BB Cream (12ml)
- Lancaster Tan Maximizer After Sun (40ml)
- St. Tropez exclusive in-store offer card


Over the last few months, I've been really struggling with brushing my hair. I know you're not meant to brush it when wet, but if I don't and I then blowdry it, it is literally impossible for me to get a brush through once dry. These have been floating around the blogosphere for a while and I've been desperate to try one - now I can! This will definitely be getting a review to see if it lives up to the hype.


Easily one of the most raved about products of all time, I think everyone has heard of Caudalie's Beauty Elixir so I won't bore you with what it's meant to do! This is a product that I would have loved to try, but never would have forked out the money to buy it by itself. It is very expensive for such a small amount of product but the benefits are apparently endless. I will have to use this sparingly!


When I'm having a lazy day, I like to let my hair dry naturally and it goes into (quite messy) loose waves. However, my hair looks a bit flat after a while and to be honest just looks like it needs a good wash! Textured hair is something I've never tried before so I'm looking forward to giving this a go. Again, it's a well known product that I would never have dared to pick up and buy myself.


Now this is quite impressive in a beauty box - a product that has come out very recently and is from a well known brand. I'm sure you've all seen these - this shade is from Models Own "Ice Neon" collection, which you're supposed to keep in the fridge to help prolong their neon brightness. These also dry to a matte finish. I didn't actually own any bright pinks in my nail polish collection until now!


Molton Brown are one of my favourite brands for bath and shower products, and believe it or not this is my favourite scent from their entire range! This particular product is actually sold at work so I'm forever recommending it to my customers. A little goes a long way, and it smells so luxurious - it makes me think of posh hotels! I will definitely be taking this with me to Birmingham next week.


This is a brand I've never heard of, and to be honest seems to be one of those extras that are now commonplace in subscription beauty boxes. These colours are not my cup of tea, but seeing as I wear my hair up quite a lot at home they will definitely get some use. I remember having hundreds of these sort of clips when I was little, and a habit of mine was "snapping" them back and forth constantly!


At first I wasn't particularly bothered about seeing this in the box, until I looked at it more closely. Now I, like many others have tried our BB Creams - the western versions, if you will. However, this particular BB Cream is from a Korean company. This claims to be a "total sheer make-up care cream" that gives a "baby skin effect". It's intriguing and I will be reviewing it in the future that's for sure.


This is another product that is sold at work, and up until recently I hadn't taken much notice of it at all. Now that the summer season has rolled in it's now featured more prominently, and it's definitely a best seller. This is an after sun that helps to prolong your natural tan. Seeing as I'm not going on a sunny holiday this year, I'll have to hope for more sunny days in the UK to try this out with!


St. Tropez... ah, that fake tan brand we all know and love so well. Except for me I think! I've never used fake tan in my life and in all honesty I've never been tempted to do so. However I have to admit that this looks tempting, so I may bite the bullet one day and give this a shot. This is meant to give a natural-looking glow and from the reviews I've seen, it seems to work pretty well for most skin tones.


Finally, this is another little extra that is included in the box. This is a Selfridges-exclusive voucher and I think it entitles you to a free beach bag with any spray tan treatment. The wording is not especially clear or maybe I'm just being a bit thick - if anyone wants to clear this up for me please do! Again, I'm not one for self tanning so I will more than likely give this one a miss.

Now, isn't that an amazing box? To me, this is a perfect summer beauty box and was more the kind of thing I was expecting from subscription beauty boxes (Although perhaps with not so many products). Well known brands are always well receieved by beauty fans, and this box has so many that are all relevant to the current season. This works out to be amazing value for money - the Tangle Teezer, Caudalie Beauty Elixir and the Bumble and Bumble Spray alone are worth nearly £32 and with another six products to go it's difficult to argue with that. I'm very, very impressed with this box and will definitely be keeping an eye out for their next one!

Selfridges' Summer Beauty Box is still available to buy online (As of 29/05/13) from their website. It costs £25 plus £4.95 delivery or free collection from a Selfridges store. I'm genuinely surprised that this hasn't sold out already, so if you're tempted I would buy it as soon as possible!

 

Related Posts

6 comments

  1. Anonymous30 May, 2013

    Wow this beauty box is great!!

    SAMI★SPOON

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go and get it if you still can!! x

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic box! I was tempted but there are too many tanning products that I don't use... the tangle teezer and bb salt spray are my favourites. x

    I Am A Weapon Of Massive Consumption

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't use tanning products either so I'm not sure what to do with them... and they're my favourites too! x

      Delete
  3. I would like to say that your post is wonderful. We can learn many things from it. You have done a good work. Thanks for posting.
    Spray Tan in NYC

    ReplyDelete