A bit of a mix-up...

May 09, 2013

Last night I was looking through my blog, and having a think about it all. I've had this blog for over a year now, something I never thought would happen and I'm thrilled that my blog has made it's own (extremely small) dent in the beauty blogging world. With it being a year old and so on I decided that I will try and give this blog a much needed update!

The layout is the first and most important thing for me. I've always preferred darker designs (Having created a few websites of my own during my youth), and whilst that is still the case I feel the need for change. Being a bit brighter will hopefully make my blog more inviting and appealing to you, and will generally work with the theme of my blog a bit better. I'm going to try to create my design by myself as much as possible, which is a tad daunting seeing as it's been a good few years since I worked my way around CSS and HTML! But I will give it my best shot and hopefully the finished outcome will be one that you guys will appreciate.

Another aspect of my blog that I was thinking about changing was my photography. Generally I'm quite pleased with my photos, but the whole "Laying the product on its back and shooting at an angle" idea is getting a bit tiresome for me. My working space is limited to my (very small) bedroom, so over the next few weeks I'm going to try and work with what I have and create some interesting images for the products I talk about. I'm still looking to keep a clean background - I'm thinking finding somewhere to stand the products up in might be enough of a change for me. But I will try whatever comes to mind and might ask for your input in the future!

Finally, I have been considering buying a domain name. Now that I think that I am in this for the long run, I want to make my blog worthwhile. It has been so benificial to keep it up, and every blog has room to grow so I'm thinking that this is the next step. However, I am completely clueless about where I can purchase a domain name - where is best? I will be researching the popular names (Go Daddy, etc) and hope to get it up and running within the next couple of months.

With everything that I have talked about above, I would love to hear your opinions and suggestions for my blog - if you have any! After all, my blog would be nothing without you guys reading it so I consider anything offered to be a great help - positive or negative. So please, fire away! I am now going to get in up to my elbows in HTML coding...

 

Related Posts

Leave a comment