Top 5 Spring Nail Polishes

May 10, 2013


The time has rolled around again for me to pick out my favourite nail polishes for this season... and it was a tough one! Pastel shades are obviously the way to go in spring and I have many of those in my collection. Hopefully summer is just around the corner, but the weather is still rubbish at the moment and it's still much "April Showers" in Yorkshire! So what have I chosen as my top five?

L'Oreal Confetti Top Coat I simply had to include this; it's so versatile, I don't think that there's a nail polish that it wouldn't look good over. It just adds something a bit different to your nails without putting in loads of effort, and it still manages to look quite sophisticated - a grown up glitter, if you will! It's also quite easy to remove and is bang on trend right now.

Ciaté Paint Pot Purple Sherbert Normally I struggle with pastel polishes, with going streaky and never being fully opaque. This is the only one I've never had that problem with! I've had it for over a year now and it still applies like a dream, dries quickly and is opaque in two coats if I remember rightly. It was a freebie with Marie Claire but often pops up on eBay for a couple of quid.

Rimmel Lycra Pro French Manicure French Rose Sometimes you can't be bothered with the whole hassle of painting your nails but still want something to make them a bit nicer... if you have ever had this then this is your friend! This is a very sheer, milky pink that helps disguise discoloured nails and simply gives your nails a more polished look. Perfect for work and lazy days alike!

Barry M Textured Nail Paint Ridley Road There are a million mint green polishes on the market, so Barry M decided to shake things up a bit and introduce a textured version. I absolutely love it, at first glance it could be mistaken for a regular polish but a closer look reveals a textured finish. I had so many people touching my nails when I wore this! You can see my post about it here.

OPI Nail Lacquer I Vant To Be A Lone Star This was a very recent purchase, and one that I wish I had made a long time ago. I've not actually tried this yet but the swatches online have made me very excited to do so. It's shown to be a very pale baby blue with silver shimmer running throughout.. a bit different to the usual offering. It looks absolutely beautiful in the bottle and even more stunning on the nails!

 

Related Posts

2 comments

  1. The Confettis top coat is one of my faves too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone loves it don't they! x

      Delete