|

Top 5 things I want to see/do in London

March 24, 2013

By the time you see this post, I will probably be pounding the streets of London doing the things that you are about to read! Before this trip, the last time I went to do all the tourist attractions in London was when I was 12 - the only thing that I remember is having a huge hot chocolate in a Costa Coffee before getting on (what was then) the Millennium Wheel! Just over a year ago I visited Camden with Martin to meet some friends, but we never ventured outside that area so missed "the big city" so to speak. Now that I will hopefully have a bit of time to spend in London, here's what I'd love to be seeing and doing!


Click on the images to be taken to their source.


Go shopping on Oxford Street
Ah yes, Oxford Street... so many shops that I want to spend hours browsing in! I will be limiting myself to a much shorter time span than that though so we can see other things, but I definitely want to have a look in Primark (novelty value to be honest) and Forever 21 - I've never been to one of their stores before so I'd love to see what sort of items they do. Oh and Selfridges, of course!


Eat a burger at Meat Liquor/Meat Market
Depending on what we end up doing, I'm dying to visit either of these two restaurants. They do amazing sounding burgers and stuff like alcoholic milkshakes... I can tell it's going to be a die-hard favourite of mine. The decor inside Meat Liquor looks amazing but can get incredibly busy, whereas Meat Market is physically smaller and has a much smaller menu. Gotta decide which burger to try...


See the Houses of Parliament (preferably at night)
This is more to take photos than anything. It's such a majestic and iconic building, that it'd be hard to miss out on seeing. I also wouldn't mind seeing Buckingham Palace, see if Liz is in and have a nosey at all the guards going about their business (Trying to make them laugh basically). Basically I just want to be one of those annoying tourists that Londoners hate!


Visit the Sherlock Holmes museum
I'm a massive Sherlock Holmes fan, and I will be very unhappy indeed if I end up missing out on this. Visiting Baker Street will be an experience in itself as it's quite an impressive street, but I also want to raid the museum's shop and come away with a hoard of Sherlock Holmes related goodies! I may have to get a deerstalker hat for Martin and make him wear it for the rest of the trip.


See BBC's Sherlock being filmed
Sadly this will be very unlikely, as filming for series three has only just started and there's no guarantee that they'll be filming in London any time soon. BBC's Sherlock is by far and away my favourite TV series and to see it being filmed would be a dream come true. I would probably faint if I saw Benedict Cumberbatch or Martin Freeman... But failing that I would settle for a Sherlock wrap from Speedy's!

 

Related Posts

2 comments

  1. Shopping on Oxford Street is a dream-come-true for every shopaholic out there! I love this street, I just wish it wasn't so crowdy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! It was very crowded, even on a Monday x

      Delete