|

Harrogate Haul (Boots, Lush, Primark & H&M)

March 05, 2013

Me and Martin went to Harrogate on Saturday. I intended to go and pick up a few bits, all but one of which I forgot to pick up! Oops! However it was nice to have a little wander around for a couple of hours. Harrogate is one of my favourite places to shop and is far better than shopping in Leeds on a Saturday - the Primark in Harrogate for example doesn't resemble a jumble sale and isn't horrendously busy! Keep reading to find out what I bought.


Boots, L-R: £3.99, £3.99, £4.99
When walking past the Barry M stand I couldn't resist picking up their Textured Nail Paint in Ridley Road (I'm wearing it now, post to follow!). They had an offer, "Buy 2 save £1", so I picked up Pink Sapphire Glitter too. Martin spotted the Confetti top coat by L'Oreal and I had to add it to my basket.


Lush, £5.95
I never normally go into Lush because I can't stand the overpowering scent that comes out of the shops... it gives me a headache! However the one in Harrogate was much less potent so I went in to buy a face mask. A guy working there recommended this for oily skin - I can't wait to try it!


Primark, £1
You really can't argue with Primark's prices, and that was my reasoning for picking up these! My wide toothed comb had seen better days, so when I saw the silver one into my basket it went. The black comb Martin has swiped for himself - he gets through more brushes and combs than I do!


Primark, £1.50
My hairbrush had also seen better days, and to be honest it wasn't working that well for my hair. It takes me forever to brush out any tangles, so I figured a bigger brush would get the job done a little bit quicker. I really like the feel of this brush, it feels much more expensive than just £1.50.


Primark, £1
Martin has so many sunglasses that I've lost count, so when he picked up yet another pair I decided to find some for myself. I struggle to find sunglasses that suit my face shape but I thought this was quite a good pair for me. They have quite a rectangular frame which should help balance out my round face!


Primark, £2
Having picked up the sunglasses above, I wanted a black pair but couldn't find any in the women's section. Martin suggested looking in the men's section and he came up trumps with this pair! These are quite dainty for men's sunglasses I think, with the ombre purple lenses.


Primark, £1
Primark have eventually updated their jewellery range, it felt like the winter collection had been around forever! They have some quite good pieces this time around, including these spike rings in a variety of finishes and colours. Martin preferred the dark metal finish out of all of them and I had to agree with him.


Primark, £3
Martin actually spotted this on the way out of the shop... I think he's better at shopping than I am! With my love of Amsterdam I simply couldn't leave this behind, especially for the price. I did pick up a size bigger than I usually would for a slightly looser fit - I can't stand tight fitting tops!


Primark, £3
I normally never wear scarves, but I own absolutely loads of them! I'm going to try and incorporate them into my wardrobe more - it's not like they're difficult to style after all. Primark had loads of skull print scarves and I loved the quirky twist on this one - it's just a bit different to others in this style.


Primark, £3
I love the colours of this one, and again it will be very easy to add to an outfit. These appear to have a touch of "sugar skull" about them, but without all of the bright, garish colours that I'm not usually keen on. Both of these scarves are made out of a chiffon material and are very lightweight.


Primark, £2
Yet another item that Martin managed to find out for me. I'm assuming that this was part of their winter collection due to the studs, because this was reduced from £4! I'll happily wear studs at any time of the year so it was a bargain scarf for me. This is made out of a quite thick jersey material.


H&M, £5
I went into H&M to find a long black top... I didn't manage to find one that I liked but Martin managed to find this! This was supposed to be £12.99, which for me would have been a bit too expensive for a top such as this. However I'm really pleased with the fit so maybe I would have spent that much after all!

 

Related Posts

4 comments

  1. Ohh lovely nail polishes! Would love to see when you try them out :) Love lush facemasks as well!

    Georgia x
    Georgiabeee.blogspot.co.uk | Twitter | facebook
    Enter my Giveaway here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have now tried the Ridley Road and Confetti polishes, gotta try the glitter now! x

      Delete
  2. Hey, I would love to know what you thought of that mask. I got it for myself, as I have oily, breakout prone skin and tried it twice. Both times it made me break out :( I will have to return it. I LOVE the cupcake mask though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a blog post scheduled and on the way... watch this space! x

      Delete