Top 12 Beauty Products of 2012

January 14, 2013

You will all know that I do posts on my monthly favourite beauty products... well as 2012 is well and truly behind us I decided to do a post that showed off the best of the best! All of these except for one have featured in monthly favourites posts, so each product is linked to the month's post that it featured in, and what I said about the product at the time. So, what has made it into my top 12 beauty products of 2012?


Revlon Colorstay for Normal/Dry Skin in Buff
I was hoping for great results from this foundation and you know what - this doesn't disappoint! This is the best foundation I have ever used by far and I can see it being my favourite for a long time to come. It's easy to apply, has buildable coverage, doesn't feel particularly thick and lasts all day - winner all round!

OPI Nail Lacquer in Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh?
If you follow me on Twitter you'll probably know that had trouble deciding between this and Wooden Shoe Like To Know? for my trip to Amsterdam. I knew I would get more wear out of this though and I made the right choice! This applied very well and lasted for pretty much the entire trip... impressed is not the word.

Soap & Glory Love At First Blush
I had stopped using this for a while in favour of the blush in my FashionistA palette, but I dug this out and fell in love all over again! It is a bit shimmery but it just gives my cheeks a subtle rosy glow, with a sheen that catches the light and it is very flattering. Again, I use this for work pretty much every day now.

Mini Tweezerman tweezers*
I had been meaning to get a new pair of tweezers for ages, so I was beyond thrilled to see these in my goody bag from the Leeds Blogger Meet Up! This was part of a brow set (I will be reviewing it in full in the future) but I can't get over how good these tweezers are!

Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter
This has travelled about with me everywhere I go, now I can't imagine not having it! For me it is a multi-purpose moisturiser; it is a light enough for hand cream and rich enough for dry patches on the elbows etc. I now own a full size tub ready for when this runs out (I will be decanting some into this small tub).

Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer
You saw me review this last month, and it's now my favourite concealer ever! I'm very lucky that I received another one as part of the Soap & Glory prize, although I will be repurchasing and repurchasing this for as long as they sell it.


MUA Professional Undressed Eyeshadow Palette
When I heard that this was a dupe for Urban Decay's Naked palette, I decided that I had to get myself one. It took me a while to get hold of one but I'm so glad that I did! I use this every day for work; it is such a versatile palette. All of the shades are highly pigmented and don't crease, even after a full day at work.

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transparent
This is the only product that never featured in a monthly favourite, and looking back I can see why. For me, it is such a staple product (it goes with me everywhere I go), it never occured to me to dig it out and feature it. I did try 17's version this year but ended up going back to this - I learned my lesson!

Benefit Bad Gal Lash mascara
Another freebie, I remember clearly that this was with Glamour as everyone went mad for the Benefit freebies! I wasn't expecting much but I was really impressed with this mascara. It really plumps and lengthens my lashes, and is easy to work with - even with the large brush.

Etat Pur Pure Active A22-Salicylic Acid 300
This was received as part of July's JolieBox. I said that I would report on the results and I'm very pleased to tell you that it does work! The spots that I had on my forehead and nose calmed down much quicker than usual; I'd highly recommend.

Good Things Miracle Mattifier Moisturiser
I only purchased this last weekend, but I was so impressed it had to be mentioned for this month! It is a bit expensive at £7.99 but when it's on an offer it's worth it. To be honest even at full price I would repurchase! It helps with the skin on my nose, sinks in quickly and doesn't leave my skin feeling tight.

Pure Papaya Ointment
Anyone who saw my post on this will not be surprised to see this product here! Since I received it a few weeks ago it has gone everywhere with me and now I don't think I could live without it. I'm still using it mainly on my lips but it has so many uses that over time I am trying out and I still have no complaints.

 

Related Posts

6 comments

  1. Have to agree,the tweezers are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been using mine pretty much every day since the meet up :) x

      Delete
  2. These pictures are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you for reading :) x

      Delete
  3. great post! I MUST try the Revlon Colorstay. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's easily the best foundation I've ever used x

      Delete