Review: GLAMGLOW Mud Mask

August 22, 2012

From the many products I received from the Leeds Blogger Meet Up, this was the one I wanted to try first! Amy from Xen-Tan had given me and the other girls a talk about this product; mainly how to use it and its benefits. This is a seriously high-end face mask that is aimed at both men and women - a new concept to me, so I was very keen to see how this compares to my usually cheap ones!


"For great skin and a glowing complexion in just 10 minutes"... no ifs or buts there but how does it do it I hear you ask? Tea leaves is the answer! These are well known to be super beneficial to the skin and with their naturally occurring antioxidants, they are simply a must have for any powerful face mask. The mud helps to pull any nasties right out of the skin and trap them, giving the skin a real deep clean. Hailing from the Hollywood studios, this mask promises great results for your skin for 3 days after each use.


As you can see above, applying the mask is pretty simple - although it is recommended to use a foundation brush to smooth it onto the skin. Seeing as I didn't have a spare one to hand, I just used my fingertips and to be honest, I don't see how it would make much of a difference! I applied the mask to clean, dry skin, which is the best way to see the full benefits. You can feel the tingling sensation as soon as it hits the skin; it's very cooling and refreshing, perfect if you have a long, full day ahead of you! It feels very gritty when applying - almost too harsh for the skin - and the tea leaves are clearly visible.


The mask begins to tighten and dry almost instantly, I had to really rush with my camera to capture it before it dried completely! The tingling sensation does continue for a few minutes but wears off, and in 10-15 minutes the mask was completely dry. I found that it was almost impossible to move my face whilst it was drying, so try not to laugh if you don't want to crack it! After the time was up, I used a flannel and lots of warm water to gently buff it from my face using circular motions, as suggested.


I had high expectations of this mask and I'm pleased to say I wasn't disappointed! Afterwards my skin felt baby soft; it even got rid of a particularly dry patch I had previously had on my chin. My face was a little red but this calmed down in about five minutes, and my skin tone appeared to have evened out. One thing I must point out was how well it drew the nasties out of my nose - my constant problem area - and it was left with visibly reduced pores and feeling incredibly clean. Due to the price I don't think I would be using this again for the foreseeable future, which is such a shame as I think I have found my new favourite face mask!

Final verdict: A high-end treat that is suitable for all skin types. This is a face mask that you can really feel working and has the results to prove it!

GLAMGLOW* can be purchased via their website in various sizes; this 7ml sample is £2.99 and a 50ml tub is £49.99.

 

Related Posts

Leave a comment