MUA Nail Varnish in I ‹3 U and MUA Professional Nail Quake in Gold Glitter

May 01, 2012


My first foray into MUA's nail polishes! I actually owned the gold glitter crackle first, which I picked up from Superdrug. I really love this - it can be used over almost any colour and it gives it that extra something! It's a little bit different from the usual solid colour crackles and I like how MUA have tapped into that. You can paint it on quite thinly for a more subtle look or thicker, like I prefer. It is easy to do it too thickly, but when you get it right it crackles nicely and dries to an almost matte finish.

The Love Hearts polish I bought as part of an online order after seeing how nice the shade was. I tried putting it on just on it's own, and I hate to admit it but it looked awful! After four coats - even five on a couple of nails - it was streaky, lumpy and uneven. So needless to say I was very disappointed! But I really wanted to like this polish as it is the perfect shade for me, so I tried it again a few days later. After giving it a vigorous shaking (the boyfriend helped), I applied two coats, which still looked streaky but was much better. Three coats would have probably been ok, but I stuck with two as I knew I was putting the gold glitter crackle on top. As you can tell, particularly on my ring finger, there is still some visible nail line but I don't mind that too much.


The chipping time was the same as usual, getting through two or three days until the first ones started to appear. But even then they're not very noticable thanks to the shade, so you could probably get away with this for a few more days before it started looking really bad!

The Love Hearts polish is available for £2 from selected Superdrug stores selling their "Love Hearts" line; a list of stores can be found here. The Nail Quake polish is available for £2.99 from selected Superdrug stores selling their "Professional" line; a list of stores can be found here.

Related Posts

Leave a comment