Review: YSL Forever Youth Liberator Serum

April 30, 2012

I'm sure many of you will recognise this little product, as it was included in the Harrods edition of March GlossyBox. When I first saw this I didn't have a clue how to use it and assumed it was for much older women, however I'm glad to say that this isn't necessarily the case!


When in one of the department stores in Meadowhall, I came across the product on the YSL stand and asked the lady how much it was. It was apparently retailing at £60, and she asked me if I was interested in it. After explaining that I had a sample but wasn't sure how to use it, she was quick to correct my thoughts of it being for much older women and explained how I could use it every day. She was extremely helpful and I have her to thank for pushing me to give the serum a chance!

This is a glass bottle, and the lid is a squeezy pipette that gives you the perfect amount each time. I've found that one or two drops is enough for my entire face and neck - a little goes a long way with this product. The sample I received was 5ml; I thought that this would be enough for a couple of weeks using it every day. But I've been using this every day for at least three weeks, and as you can just about make out, I still have a lot left.


The texture is incredibly smooth, not sticky at all, and sinks into the skin quickly. It leaves my skin feeling deeply moisturised, often to the degree where I find I don't need a moisturiser afterwards (I always do though - old habits die hard). It has a slightly perfumed smell, as you would expect with a luxury product, but isn't noticable at all upon application.

So what has it done for my skin? Overall it feels softer, less blemished and looks brighter. I can't comment on the appearance of wrinkles as I don't have any, but I do feel that my skin is benefiting from this product in the long run. I've enjoyed using this so much that it's made it's way into my daily skincare routine, which is a big leap for me!


The only thing that is going to stop me buying a replacement is the cost. I can't justify spending that amount of money on a serum, which I believe I can find at a much lower price for similar results. So while it is lovely to trial and I can't negatively comment on the product itself, I won't be repurchasing this!

Final verdict: An excellent facial serum that moisturises well and improves the condition of the skin. If you're into, and can afford, luxury skincare, this is a must-have product!

YSL Forever Youth Liberator Serum can be purchased from various stores, including Boots and Harrods, retailing at £60.

Related Posts

Leave a comment