Review: Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Colour Deep Treatment

April 21, 2012

My hair is the bane of my life - after several dying sessions over the years and using straighteners nearly every day it is a dry, dull mess! So when in the Boots in Sheffield Meadowhall taking advantage of their "3 for 2" offer, this bottle caught my eye.


Aussie is a brand well known for their effective range of hair care products. I've never tried anything from them before, but I have heard of them through seeing their adverts in magazines (The "Does my Aussie look big in this?" one springs to mind!)

The bottle itself is a little unusual, in that it doesn't have a lid! When I bought it, there was a little foil covering over the opening which was appreciated. However, once off I have found that the product does stay in the bottle and doesn't leak. The only problem I can think of with this was packing it in your luggage for travel, which is what I encountered, because me and my boyfriend were staying in Sheffield for the weekend. I ended up putting it into a plastic bag and that seemed to work. Another option could be to decant it into a smaller bottle, which I imagine is what most people would do.


The packaging design is lovely, and it stood out amongst the huge range of shampoos and conditioners on the shelves. They have a little bit of fun with their words but the instructions are easy to understand - not that it's difficult to apply!

This is like any other conditioner, in that it's to be used after shampooing. I work a generous splodge all through my hair, particularly at the ends, and leave it on whilst I wash my face and body. Aussie claims that it works in 3 minutes and that should be more than enough, but I'm of the mind that the longer you leave it on, the better! The smell is definitely reminiscent of the key ingredient "Australian Wild Peach Extract" - it does smell peachy, but there's something else as well that I can't place. It doesn't smell like any conditioner I've ever owned! The texture is creamy and thick, as you would expect and works well into the hair without dripping.


After rinsing it off and drying my hair, this deep treatment leaves it feeling soft, shiny, easier to manage and smelling gorgeous! Despite it being quite a thick conditioner, it doesn't weigh down my hair at all. I feel like it does last until the next wash and maybe even the one after, but I'm not sure it's improving the condition of my hair in the long run as I've only been using it for a couple of weeks. At the moment I'm saving it for using twice a week, as I imagine it's not to be used every day.

Final verdict: An affordable deep hair treatment that vastly improves the condition of dry, over-coloured hair - even if it is only a temporary result. By using this regularly, this would keep it in this condition pretty much all of the time! A must-have for anyone with coloured hair.

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Colour Deep Treatment is available to buy in all good chemists. I bought mine in Boots for £4.99.

Related Posts

Leave a comment