Review: Soap & Glory The Breakfast Scrub

April 20, 2012

Thanks to the beauty blogs I follow, it was hard to miss the company Soap & Glory and their products! They produce everything from spot treatment to shower gel, but what I'm reviewing today is their famous Breakfast Scrub.


First thing - and I feel like I have to mention this first because it's the first thing I noticed - is the incredible smell. It really does smell like the best breakfast you could ever eat!! The label says that it has a "maple fragrance" and I'd definitely agree with that. It smells oaty, syrupy and seriously good enough to eat. However, I've heard that it tastes salty (yes, someone out there just couldn't resist and tried a little bit!), so not a good idea to eat some folks!


The packaging you just can't miss, coming from a graphic design background it's always nice to see a company really put some effort into their packaging designs. It is obviously a retro style, predominantly pink and with some witty text, they really hit the nail on the head. Plus their blurb makes for some fun reading in the shower or bath!


The label says that it includes "organic cupuacu bio scrubs, bananas, almond and honey extracts". Now I can't see or smell many of these, but what I can mainly feel is the sugar. It looks a lot like wet sand in texture but feels much grittier - but not so gritty that it feels harsh on your skin. I use this on the backs of my arms mostly and it is incredibly moisturising, gets rid of the those annoying bumps I get there and smooths it all off. I also use it on my knees and bottom of my feet and it works just as well there.


I expected this to leave some sort of film or feel a bit sticky on my skin after drying it off, but this isn't the case! I use it just before slathering on some shower gel, so this could possibly help in getting rid of any residue. However, even after using a strongly scented shower gel, you can still smell some on your skin which in my eyes is a huge plus!

Final verdict: A very good quality scrub, that works extremely well on dry skin and smells incredible! Well worth the price, would happily (and will!) buy it again.

The Breakfast Scrub can be found in Boots for £9.50.

Related Posts

Leave a comment