Rimmel Aye, Aye, Sailor & Sally Hansen Mermaid's Tale

February 11, 2014

Rimmel Aye Aye Sailor Sally Hansen Mermaids Tale review swatch photo

I'm trying out a new way of taking photos... what do you think? I like the bottom image, but am not sure about the top - let me know your opinions! Anyway, this is a polish combination that I had been dying to try out. I picked up the Sally Hansen polish from Boots when I had a discount coupon; I wanted to pick something that would be unique to my collection, and this turned out to be a it. Flecks of bright blue and green glitter - small interspersed with large - in a deep blue jelly base. I knew that layering it on its own would look spectacular, but also need many coats so I decided to layer it over a similar blue shade. Rimmel's 'Aye, Aye, Sailor', being a navy blue creme, was the perfect match for this.

Rimmel Aye Aye Sailor Sally Hansen Mermaids Tale review swatch photo

I layered one coat of the Sally Hansen over two coats of the Rimmel, and it worked brilliantly if I may be so bold. 'Aye, Aye, Sailor' is from the 60 Seconds line, boasting a wide, curved brush and good pigmentation. Rimmel claims that this is a one coat jobby, however I've yet to find one that lives up to that claim - but it was perfect in two, and dried very quickly. 'Mermaid's Tale' was a little tricky to work with - I needed to fish out some of the larger, hexagonal pieces of glitter and 'blob' them onto my nail. However, the coverage of the small glitter was good and no faffing was needed. I topped the whole lot off with a sweep of Ciate's 'Speed Coat' to achieve the glossy finish you see here - but it was quite impressive on its own.

Rimmel 'Aye, Aye, Sailor' is available from Fragrance Direct for 99p. Sally Hansen 'Mermaid's Tale' is available from Boots for £6.99.

 

Related Posts

6 comments

  1. I literally left out a "wow" when these came up in my feed! :o so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOHHH this is such a pretty combination xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mermaids Tale is gorgeous, this is a great combo! beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete