Winter Saviours - Skin, Hair and Body Care

January 17, 2014

Winter skincare haircare bodycare Saviours

The cold, harsh depths of winter are fast approaching, and I don't know about you guys but when the cold hits, my body really suffers. Skin is dry and red, hair is a knotted mess, lips are sore and chapped... you get the picture. With that in mind I've compiled my top five skin, hair and body products to see me through any cold weather eventuality and that I'd wholeheartedly recommend for you to try.

La Sultane De Saba Argan Oil Body Lotion - It may seem a bit odd to most that I'm choosing to include a body lotion in here over a butter or something similar, but there's a good reason why. I personally hate having to wait around for body butter to dry; if I get dressed before it has then I can't stand the feel of my skin against my clothes! This lotion avoids that problem completely; it is lightweight so it sinks into the skin straight away. For all it's lightness however, I find it to be incredibly moisturising and nourishing - my skin drinks it all up and loves it, I can only presume that this is down to the argan oil. It also smells quite pleasant, not your usual floral or fruit affair and makes a great hand cream too. Annoyingly - and rather stupidly of me - I can't find this anywhere to buy online, but Birchbox (Where I originally got this from) have some similar body milks available on their website.

Indola Innova Glamour Precious Oil* - I actually haven't used this in a while, as I save it for the very coldest months (Which we've not had here in Yorkshire just yet). My hair is quite long, and is often quite dry and difficult to brush through at the best of times. With elements like wind, rain, snow and the like are added to the mix, it is often left an uncontrollable, tangled mess. That's where this oil comes in. When applied to my hair, after towel drying but before hair drying, my hair is transformed. It not only looks in much better condition but feels much better too. It can be easy to go overboard if you're not careful, but if contained to just the ends of the hair you'll find that your whole barnet will thank you for it. My brush is much easier to get through my hair and I can only imagine that it will benefit the condition of it in the long run. An absolute must have for anyone with untameable hair in the winter!

Pure Papaya Ointment* - This is a product that has a permanent place by my bedside, although I do tend to use it more when the cold weather sets in. This ointment is absolutely amazing; I use it mainly on my lips, which I apply with a lip brush but it can be used for anything, from healing tattoos to softening cuticles and everything in between. Containing 100% natural ingredients and no petrochemicals whatsoever, if you're looking for something to really heal your lips then look no further than this. When I went to London last year, it was so cold that my knuckles and lips were cracked and bleeding from the harsh winds and snow. I rubbed a generous amount of this onto the afflicted areas and left it overnight. When I woke up the next morning, instead of feeling sore, those areas were comforted and starting to heal. Within a few days of doing this, my skin had gone back to normal and I put it all down to this wonder product. I seriously couldn't recommend this enough, when my tube runs out I will be buying some more!

Lemongrass House Lemongrass & Orange Blossom Body Scrub* - When I went to the Lemongrass House Leeds store opening back in October last year, I was kindly gifted this body scrub. I only managed to get around to using it in December (I had another one to finish up first!), but when I did I fell in love. The scent of this is absolutely incredible - fresh notes of citrus from the lemongrass and orange blossom hit you as soon as you open the tub. It doesn't just smell good, however, it also performs its job very well too. Light and non-sticky, this body scrub is not too harsh nor too soft - the texture is just right and works wonders on the dry, flaky skin on my legs. With a combination of neroli essential oils and jojoba beads, it feels quite moisturising too and my skin feels incredibly soft and smooth after I've used it. This scrub, as well as all of their other products, are SLS sulphate, paraben, dye and perfume free too.

The Body Shop Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask - Last, but no means least is my favourite hydrating mask. I ended up being given this by my mum when she bought it as part of a gift set, and it truly is a lovely product. Massaged into the skin and left overnight, this mask soothes any redness, improves skin texture and delivers that all-important dose of hydration that my skin desperately craves during winter. The thing that I love most about this is that practically no effort if required - you don't even need to wash it off until the next morning, when you'd be washing your face anyway! My skin definitely feels comforted when I use this and it's a product that works best when used regularly; maybe once a week, but I step it up to twice a week when the weather takes a turn for the worse. It is also very reasonably priced, and even more so when The Body Shop run one of their offers - you can usually pick it up for about £6. My tub has seen a lot of use and I've barely scraped the surface, so it will last you a very long time.

Do you have any winter saviours? Which products would you recommend?

 

Related Posts

4 comments

  1. Great products! I love the Vitamin E range at The Body Shop but never tried this, sounds great! x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd highly recommend! It works wonders x

      Delete
  2. I love the sound of the lemongrass and orange blossom scrub - lemongrass is one of my favourite scents! I still haven't got round to checking this place out!

    ReplyDelete