"The Blogger Made Me Buy It" tag

January 13, 2014


I'm not usually one for doing tags, but when I came across this one by Daniella from Famous In Japan I found myself answering the questions in my head! So, I figured tonight, seeing as I wasn't going to do a blog post anyway I might as well do this. Let's get onto the questions, shall we?

1) Who are your most influential bloggers? Who are the ones that you really rely on for reviews and swatches?

I would have to say Temptalia comes in at the top of my list, as she always seems to have the products first and provides lots of images and swatches as well as decent reviews. For skincare, it's definitely Caroline Hirons - that woman really knows her stuff and I don't buy a skincare item without checking that she's reviewed it first.

2) Do you buy a product solely as a result from one review from your favourite bloggers, or do you look for more reviews from others?

If one of my favourite bloggers positively reviews a product that I've had my eye on, then I'll probably rush out and buy it - but not without checking other reviews first! If it's quite an expensive purchase I will read all of the reviews that I can find, good or bad.

3) What is your most favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?

This is quite tough, but I would have to say the YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat foundation. I was introduced to it by YSL itself but reading so many positive reviews from bloggers definitely pushed me to make the purchase. When it was released a lot of bloggers went mad for it, so it definitely helped!

4) What is your least favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?

Probably the Rimmel Apocalips. The shade I have is 'Eclipse', which is absolutely gorgeous but it bleeds and transfers like nobody's business! It needs a lot of maintenance to keep it looking good and I quite frankly don't have time for that. It's a shame because they sounded so promising!

5) Name 5 products you have bought recently as a result of blogs.

Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'Metallic Pomegranate', MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquers, Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick, Revlon Colorstay foundation and MUA's Cream Blushers.

6) Have you ever given into blogger hype? If so, which hype?

I wouldn't say that I have really, although I'm very close to doing so with the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette! I've seen so many reviews of it now that it's getting ridiculous - I'm hoping that when it all calms down I'll no longer want it as much. £37 on eyeshadows is a lot of money!

7) Have you ever avoided blogger hype? If so, which hype?

Maybelline Baby Lips - I really don't understand the hype around them at all! They look like childish lip balms that I used to buy when I was at school. From what I can tell, they all look pretty much the same. Owning one is fair enough, but owning them all is a bit crazy I think!

8) Is everything you buy based on blogger reviews or are there some items you buy without checking out a review?

I always, always, always check for blogger reviews before buying a beauty item. If I can't find any, I get a bit nervous unless it's something I really, really want! I actually stopped myself from buying Hydraluron until I'd read more reviews other than Caroline Hirons' - I'm glad I did though, because a couple of weeks later Boots had knocked 1/3rd off the price!

I'm pretty sure that most of the bloggers I follow have already done this tag, so I'm tagging everyone that has read this to do it! Leave me a comment below if you've done it yourself.

 

Related Posts

2 comments

  1. I totally agree with you about Baby lips! Never understand why people talked about them so much! And then I read some bad reviews from my trusted bloggers and now I think that every good review on a famous blog is sponsored!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're very overrated, except possibly for the neon ones in the US! x

      Delete