Revlon Ruby Ribbon and Deborah Lippmann Razzle Dazzle

October 19, 2013

Revlon Ruby Ribbon Matte Deborah Lippmann Razzle Dazzle nails

I'm getting quite behind with my nail polish posts, as this is what I painted my nails with for the Lemongrass House opening a couple of weeks ago! Well, better late than never, right? At the event I was wearing a kimono and top that were burgundy in colour, so wanted a nail polish shade to match. After swatching several different ones in my collection I decided to go with Revlon Ruby Ribbon, which has a matte finish. I also dug out Deborah Lippmann's Razzle Dazzle, which I usually only wear at Christmas time and decided to give myself a subtle accent nail.

Revlon Ruby Ribbon Matte Deborah Lippmann Razzle Dazzle nails

Ruby Ribbon is one of two that are completely unique in my collection; a matte polish with a fine shimmer running throughout, in a beautiful autumnal shade. Martin bought me this a very long time ago from a pound shop, and it had got lost amongst my many other polishes until I needed that particular shade. It's a shame that it got forgotten about for so long because I received so many compliments when I was wearing it! As for Razzle Dazzle, this is a gorgeous jam-packed glitter in a deep raspberry base. I knew that it layered up well on its own but was curious to see how it performed layered over a similarly toned polish. Over Ruby Ribbon at least it looks identical to how it looks on its own, so when I wear it again I will definitely be layering as it is so much less hassle!

Revlon Ruby Ribbon Matte Deborah Lippmann Razzle Dazzle nails

The formula for Ruby Ribbon was good, a quite streaky on the first coat and pretty much opaque by the second - although I went over again with a thin third coat to be absolutely sure. It was easy to tell when it was dry because it applied glossy and dried down matte, and it was surprisingly quick in doing so. I've seen this polish described as 'suede' and I'd agree with that; because of the shimmer it didn't appear completely matte and all the better for doing so. As you can see above, some tape had to be stuck over the bottle because the writing rubs off and gets all over your hands. It happens on every bottle of Revlon's too - sort it out Revlon! Razzle Dazzle was a pleasure to apply like always, dries quickly and wasn't nearly as difficult to remove as I'm used to... I just wish I had the full sized bottle as I've used about half of it now!

Revlon Ruby Ribbon can be purchased from eBay for £1.99, and Deborah Lippmann Razzle Dazzle can be bought from BeautyBay.com for £17.

 

Related Posts

2 comments

  1. Your nails are lovely! Do you have any particular nail care routine?

    I used to bite my nails for forever, and they're quite weak, bendy and can often peel when I've not layered on the OPI Nail Envy! I'd love my nails to be as long and nice as yours!

    www.ceejayell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will post a nail care routine in the future - although admittedly I don't do much - so keep an eye out for that :)

      I used to bite my nails too, and to be honest on odd occasions I have bitten them again! x

      Delete