GOSH Nail Lacquer in Purple Heart and Meteorites Nail Enamel in Outer Space

June 15, 2012


Another polish bought as part of Superdrug's 3 for 2 offer, I'd had my eye on this GOSH polish for a while and eventually found the excuse I needed to buy it! In the bottle, this is the most beautiful nail polish I've ever seen. It reminds me of those oil spills you sometimes see on the road, the main colour of course is purple but it also flashes green, gold and blue depending on the light. On the nails this quality still remains but sadly to not such a great extent and of course is impossible to photograph! It applied well, was opaque in two coats and dried fairly quickly despite it being a thick polish. The brush is nothing to shout about, however I love the design of the bottle and the logo!

The Meteorites polish was a birthday present from Martin; I'd asked for a holographic polish and this is what he had found. And what a polish! It is incredibly holographic and catches the eye instantly, it's incredibly bright and stunning. It took two coats to get a decent coverage and was a bit annoying to apply to be honest - the bar glitter kept bunching up at the bottom of the nail! It was also difficult to get the glitter to lay down flat and dried to a very rough finish. I ended up putting a top coat on to help smooth things out but it didn't help much at all; I think you'd need two or maybe three top coats to get the smooth finish!


This combination lasted fairly well; however, I can only assume that I must have kept snagging my nails as the glitter polish kept sticking up away from the nail. This meant I was very aware of wearing it and I'd say this was best for special occasions rather than every day wear - but I suppose most would keep it for those moment anyway!

GOSH Nail Lacquer is available from Superdrug, priced at £4.99. The Meteorites polish is an American brand and I am unsure of the price as it was a gift; eBay is your best bet for getting your hands on one of these.

 

Related Posts

2 comments