Event: YSL at Harvey Nichols and The Lady Boys of Bangkok Leeds

October 16, 2013

I'm all up for stepping out of my comfort zone and trying something new, so when I received an invitation to attend a showing of The Lady Boys of Bangkok I couldn't say yes quick enough! Not long after that there was an opportunity to pop across to the YSL counter in Harvey Nichols beforehand for a "quick masterclass in radiance" and a free trial of the YSL Le Teint Touche Éclat foundation. Since I spotted it doing the rounds on beauty blogs not that long ago I'd been dying to try it, so who was I to turn such an offer down? So, at about 5:30pm me and Martin (my obvious plus one for the show) made our way over. There we met Laura, who sat me down and worked her magic on my tired looking complexion.

face of the day, outfit of the day, Yves Saint Laurent

Face:
Le Teint Touche Éclat
Touche Éclat No.1
Terre Saharienne No.10
Blush Radiance No.9
Baby Doll Mascara
Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick No.4

Outfit:
Dress - ASOS
Jacket - H&M
Tights - Primark
Boots - Asda
Bag - Ted Baker
Necklace - Dorothy Perkins

I'll be reviewing the foundation at a later date, but I will say that I'm very impressed - not only with the formula but also with the shade match that Laura gave me, which was BR20. She also applied the Forever Light Creator Serum which felt and looked incredible on the skin - again, I will be reviewing this in the future. I requested a berry lip and Laura picked out this beautiful shade for me, which sadly I managed to ruin not long after by eating a Subway sandwich! It's a definite contender for purchase though, when I have a bit more cash in my bank account. For the outfit, I didn't put a great deal of effort into it, wanting to be smart-casual more than anything. I couldn't resist taking my new Ted Baker bag out for a spin though (Post coming soon) and matching it's rose gold accents with my jacket and jewellery. Had to be done.

the lady boys of bangkok leeds 2013

Onto the show itself, which started at about 7pm. Me and Martin had good seats quite near the front, so we got settled with a bottle of Heineken each which I have to admit was extortionately priced! The show started off quite suddenly, no mucking about and had me laughing right from the off.

the lady boys of bangkok leeds 2013

"I'm Santa and I know it" was pretty hilarious, as was one of the guys on our table being plucked out of the audience and being embarrassed onstage - this particular lady boy had regular appearances in different get ups throughout the show, each one as funny as the next.

the lady boys of bangkok leeds 2013

There was every kind of performance imaginable, from a routine about the book "50 Shades of Grey" - complete with a man who kept getting caught up in the lady boys' escapades - to a brilliant and spookily accurate rendition of the Gangnam Style video!

the lady boys of bangkok leeds 2013

There was a routine where the guys stripped off, which pleased the group of ladies on the next table! The smaller man was another regular in the show and got an especially loud cheer when he joined in. All of the lady boys would put women to shame, as they absolutely stunning in the flesh!

The show lasted for just short of two hours with a 15 minute interval, which sounds quite short but honestly, there was so much going on it certainly didn't feel like we were being robbed of time in any way! I had no idea what to expect but I thoroughly enjoyed it, as did everyone in the audience (If the amount of dancing was anything to go by) and it truly was a unique experience. If you're up for a laugh and are not offended by raunchy humour then I'd highly recommend going to see the show. They do a new show every year - this year was 'Glamorous Amorous' - and they are in Leeds every day until 26th October. Check the listings to see when they are coming to your nearest town!

 

Disclaimer: I was given complimentary tickets to see the show, but this does not affect my opinion in any way.

Related Posts

2 comments

  1. Sounds like you had a great time, I can imagine it being a real good giggle!
    Your make-up looks amazing! x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hilarious! I loved it. Thank you! :) x

      Delete