Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Black Platinum

September 20, 2013

Sally Hansen Black Platinum review swatch photo

When I was having a browse on Fragrance Direct a few weeks ago, I managed to find their 'nails' section and decided to have a proper look. I've only ever clicked on direct links to their Essie and OPI offerings and had no idea what else they sold. Well, I felt a bit stupid when I found the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure range on the first page! Their shade selection is actually pretty impressive, and when they're only £1.49 instead of the usual £4.99, it was impossible for me not to add any to my basket. After a lot of browsing online for swatches I eventually settled on three, one of which was Black Platinum. This is such an unusual shade, and I can't decide what colour it actually is! To me, and on the photo above it definitely leans blue but it also looks gunmetal grey, green and of course black. In any case, this is a shimmer polish that is almost frost in finish, which applies and dries completely smooth.

Sally Hansen Black Platinum review swatch photo

I absolutely love this particular range from Sally Hansen and there's several reasons why. First, the brush is of the flat, wide, curved variety which makes it incredibly easy to paint your nails neatly. You could almost cover the entire nail in one swipe, but I only tend to do that on my little fingers. They apply nicely and each coat dries quickly - this particular polish did need three (sometimes four on odd nails) coats which I was a little disappointed with, but with the quick drying time it wasn't any extra hassle. This did also dry to a lovely glossy finish, something I didn't really find with Fairy Teal but in this case a top coat was not wholly necessary. With it being an almost frost finish I was expecting to see quite visible brush strokes, but they don't show up much at all and after the three coats were barely detectable. This is an easy-to-wear dark shade that has a bit more dimension than your average black and should work for just about anyone!

Selected shades from the Complete Salon Manicure range (including this one) can be bought from Fragrance Direct for £1.49.

 

Related Posts

Leave a comment