My picks from Primark's Autumn/Winter 2013 collection

September 14, 2013

Over the last few weeks, I've been hearing that Primark were going to be showing some previews of their upcoming Autumn/Winter collection online, and back in June their images were released online. Obviously at that time of year the majority of us were sweating our way through a heatwave and probably didn't give their images much thought... I mean who wants to think about what scarves and coats to buy when all you want to do is wearing shorts? However, now that autumn has finally arrived in terms of weather, we can now think about our fashion and Primark have done very, very well this year. Giving a nod to all the designer trends that hit the catwalks last year, Primark's collection has a mixture of tartan print, (p)leather statement pieces and hues of teal and burgundy throughout. All of these of course are/will be selling for the bargainous prices that Primark is famed for. So, what are my favourite pieces from the collection?

Primark Autumn Winter 2013 picks

Coca-Cola jumper, £10 A little bit garish maybe but you can't beat a bit of coke (the drink!), right? This would be perfect for lazy days, as it's warm and practical but would be quite easy to style as well. I wish I'd had something like this when I was at university!

Printed jumper, £10 I'm a sucker for anything with a photographic print and this jumper ticks all the right boxes! Apparently the printed section is made out of a silky material so I'm not sure how warm it would be, but I think I would have to see it in person to see whether it works in real life or not.

Jacquard jacket, £19 I'm trying to branch out of my usual comfort zone, and I've seen so many fashion bloggers wearing bold, jacquard jackets and managing to look effortlessly cool... in my mind's eye I could attempt to join them with this!

Colour block skater dress, £17 If the jacket was out of my comfort zone, this dress is firmly in it and I wouldn't be able to say no to this dress. I love the simplicity and the fit/flare shape, it works well for everyone and would work for both work and play.

Crackled patent skirt, £14 Again, out of my comfort zone - I only own one skirt and I have only worn it once! However I love the length of this one, it's more practical for winter than a mini skirt! The fabric keeps it from looking too mumsy and with the right top could look amazing.

Tea dress, £8 Another dress and I adore the geomatric print of this one. It's hard to tell in the above image but the dress is green, meaning that it would work well with other autumnal shades in your wardrobe and is needs little to no effort to make it look stylish.

Primark Autumn Winter 2013 picks

Paisley print trousers, £16 This was the first piece from the collection that I fell in love with - the print, the colour, the shape, everything! I will be actively hunting these down, I'm not counting on my local store getting them in and I will be very disappointed if I miss out on them.

Tartan scarf, £4 I have enough scarves as it is but I love how adding this to an outfit would be enough to give a nod to the trend, without going all-in. I love tartan trousers on the right people, but I'm not one of them! For only a few quid, this would be a worthwhile accessory to own.

Quilted trousers, £15 I'm not entirely sure if these trousers are pleather finish or otherwise, but I love the quilted details on the knees. I'm in need of a pair of plain black trousers and whilst these are quite plain, that detail is enough to make them interesting and unique.

Bug cuff, £3 This is the only jewellery piece from the collection that I've fallen in love with, which is a shame! I'd hoped for more animal-themed jewellery but "stones" seem to be the trend this year. This is quite a statement piece, and incredibly detailed for such a small amount of money.

Teal bag, £10 I need another bag like I need a hole in the head, but the colour and style, not to mention the price, are too good to pass up! It looks like the longer strap is detachable, meaning that it offers great value for money. The only thing I'm not sure of is the size!

 

Related Posts

8 comments

  1. That colour block skater dress is lovely, I tend to avoid Primark because I think it's a bit hit and miss size wise but if I can be bothered to try on I can have a whale of a time in there!

    Jade | Beauty Butterfly Blog


    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weirdly, I find the sizes in Primark to be quite good for me! x

      Delete
  2. Ooh loving these pieces! Primark have hit the nail on the head!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those paisley print trousers are amazing. I need them. x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. As an absolute coca-cola fiend I think not getting that jumper would be a mistake, I may have to take a look in my local one and hope they have it in stock :).

    Sally x
    Rainydayfaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've now got the jumper and it's fantastic! Proper Coca-Cola product too, no knockoffs here :) x

      Delete