Review: MUA Professional Starry Night Palette

June 12, 2012

I bought this a little while ago as part of a haul; as always, I can't resist MUA's products and even when browsing in Superdrug I tend to leave with an eyeshadow or two! This palette however contains a selection of 12 eyeshadows, more than enough to keep me from reaching into my purse for a little while. MUA boast a wide range of palettes, and this particular one is called Starry Night.


In a nod to the name of the palette, this contains soft, pastel shades mixed with bold, more vibrant shades in the hues of grey, purple and blue. All of the shades compliment each other beautifully and can be used to create a variety of looks; it would be difficult to create a bad look with this pallete I think! Personally, I use this more for the evening to make use of the bolder colours.


The packaging is standard for MUA; black and silver sturdy plastic, with a clear lid, making it easy to get a good look at the eyeshadows before you purchase. The palette contains a double-ended sponge applicator, which I have to admit I hate using but makes it a good all-in-one product for those just starting out in make-up. As far as I can tell, these are all shimmer shades and as such they are all beautifully pigmented, buttery soft and apply like a dream! The only small downside for me is that each shade is given a number, not a name - but you can hardly complain with a budget beauty brand that otherwise hits all the right notes.

Top row
Bottom row

These eyeshadows last fairly well on their own, however they really come into their own when using a primer. When I apply these in the evening they last well into the night; somewhere in the region of 7 hours before they start to fade a little around the edges. The bolder colours really pop when applied to the eyes and add a little touch of glamour to the evening; the turquoise shade in the top row is a particular favourite of mine!

Final verdict: A well-chosen selection of shades that work well to create a variety of looks, from a smokey eye to picking out a colour in an outfit. A palette that offers good value for money.

MUA Professional Eyeshadow Palettes are available for £4 from selected Superdrug stores selling their "Professional" line; a list of stores can be found here.

 

Related Posts

4 comments

  1. Love this palette! It's so sparkly and pretty, MUA are such excellent value. Totally loving this!

    dp
    x
    www.inanityandthegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, aren't they? I have a few of their palettes now and I can't decide which one I like best! x

      Delete
  2. They're beautiful colours! Great review :)

    http://beckyleight.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete