| |

Event: Leeds Meet Up

September 05, 2013

Last Saturday, I had the pleasure of attending my third blogger meet up, and what a brilliant one this was! It was organised by Hayley from Tea Party Beauty, who I have to say did an astounding job and I think we were all blown away by how much effort she had gone to! I'm a bad blogger and failed to get any photos bar the two below, but if you head over to Yuna's post of the day, she has more than enough to appease you (See if you can spot me looking like the cat that got the cream)!

beauty blogger event Leeds

We all pretty much took over Patisserie Valerie on St. Paul's Street for a couple of hours, where we were very generously given a free slice of cake when we bought a drink - and wow, what a cake! I was a sort of a last-minute addition to the places given for the meet so I ended up with double chocolate cake, which suited me right down to the ground. It was, without a doubt, the best cake I've ever had and the portions were so generous that I don't think anyone managed to finish their slice - even me! We then had a good old chinwag for a couple of hours - unfortunately, I had managed to get a viral infection a couple of days before which meant that I had lost my voice, but I chatted away nonetheless and everyone was very patient with putting up with my gruff voice! Our chitter-chatter was interspersed with Hayley giving away some amazing prizes, including body butters and Enrapture hair stylers. I didn't win anything but no one was going to be allowed to leave empty handed, oh no. Hayley had managed to put together not one, but two goody bags and a box for us to take away and blog about to our heart's content, which was absolutely amazing! I will certainly have plenty to blog about for a good long while, and there's some incredible products that I can't wait to try out.

beauty blogger event Leeds

beauty blogger event Leeds

beauty blogger event Leeds

beauty blogger event Leeds

beauty blogger event Leeds

beauty blogger event Leeds

beauty blogger event Leeds

After our bellies were fed and watered, we gathered up our many bags and trooped into the city centre for a wander around the shops. We ended up in SuperDry, Victoria's Secret (Seeing as the store had only opened in Leeds Trinity a few days before) and Zara before the group got separated a bit. I ended up going into Republic with a few of the girls, where I picked up a cute ring in their closing-down sale and finally Superdrug and Boots to have a nosey around - well, when you're a beauty blogger you've got to check out what's in store, right? After that it was home time, we'd had a busy afternoon and I think the handles from our bags were digging into our hands from the sheer amount of goodies (Not that I'm complaining)! I want to say thank you to Hayley for putting so much care and attention into the meet up, it was absolutely brilliant - you made a lot of beauty-obsessed bloggers very, very happy!

 

Related Posts

4 comments

  1. Sounds like an amazing day. The goodies look incredible! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love blogger meet ups, always so much fun!
    That is a hell of a goody bag! x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete