|

MUA, Primark & Poundworld haul

September 07, 2013

Long time, no haul! Well actually that's not strictly true, I've bought plenty over the last few months but they were small hauls spread out over long periods of time, so I've not really been able to put any posts together (If you see my 'Week in Instagram' posts you'll often find small hauls there). However this time is different, and I have a haul post for you today and another one for next week! Over the bank holiday MUA were offering 30% off on their website, and I had my eye on a few items that I managed to get hold of - mostly new products, as you'll see. I also got the chance to visit town on a weekday this week, something that is rare for me so I took full advantage of being able to walk around Primark and some other shops without wanting to stab someone!

haul MUA Autumn 2013

MUA Online Store, £2 each
Having just got into cream blushers, I desperately wanted to try MUA's offerings and I was pleased to find that both shades I wanted, Blossom and Dolly, were in stock. Blossom is a rose pink with a touch of bronze to it, whereas Dolly is a coral shade and therefore quite a bit brighter.

haul MUA Autumn 2013

MUA Online Store, £1 each
For the briefest of moments I owned an MUA powder blush - until I dropped and broke it! It had to be thrown away and ever since I've been meaning to buy more. MUA have now come out with some new shade ranges for 2013 and they've changed the packaging slightly as well, so I picked up two.

haul MUA Autumn 2013

MUA Online Store, £3 each
When I saw these announced on MUA's Facebook page I knew I had to have them... a dupe for Clinique's shadow sticks no less and for so little money it was difficult to not buy all of them. However, I narrowed it down to 'Bring it Back' (top) and 'A Girl Like Me' (bottom).

haul MUA Autumn 2013

MUA Online Store, £4
Another potentional dupe, this time Benefit's Porefessional and I figured that it had to be worth a try. I actually ended up with two tubes of this as I had to buy one in-store due to running out of the Porefessional and needed something quick! I'm sure I paid £4.50 in Superdrug though...

haul MUA Autumn 2013

MUA Online Store, £5
Last but definitely not least from MUA was this fixing spray. I thought it was quite expensive for MUA as the bottle is not huge (60ml), but I suppose you don't use much each time so it should last a good long while. It's certainly much cheaper than any other spray of its kind!

haul Primark Autumn 2013

Primark, £3
I popped into Primark to have a look at their new Autumn/Winter range and was disappointed... they had next to nothing in! However they did have some jewellery that I hadn't seen before, and I couldn't believe how cheap they were. This is really lightweight but is purely metal, I love it.

haul Primark Autumn 2013

Primark, £4
I think I'm set for necklaces for some time now, as I'm running out of room! This one is quite a bit weightier than the previous one, and the chains are link together at the back so they shouldn't get too tangled up. This is a really good quality item for such a small amount of money!

haul Primark Autumn 2013

Primark, £2
I wish Primark would hurry up and get some new rings in, it feels like they've been peddling their current stock for about six months! However I do think this one is new even though it looks like a summer piece, it was right at the front of the jewellery section along with matching items.

haul Primark Autumn 2013

Primark, £1
Finally, I managed to remember to pick myself up one of these! Every time I set out to visit a store I say I will buy one, and haven't done. I'm not sure how to use it as I'm useless at putting my hair up (Seriously, I wear it down every day), but I'll give it my best shot.

haul Primark Autumn 2013

Primark, £2
Some new tights were in order, as all my other pairs (Bar my 'Super Cosy' ones) have all got strange horizontal pull marks on them... very annoying! I went for a more expensive pair - I think you can get a pack of three 50 dernier ones for £3 - with the hope that these don't develop the same problem.

haul Primark Autumn 2013

Primark, £14
Whilst there wasn't much in the way of new dresses, tops and the like they did have a good selection of cardigans and coats and this one caught my eye. It looks pretty shapeless on the hanger but once on it's a lovely straight edge design, that's incredibly thick and warm and has a fastening at the top.

haul Poundworld Autumn 2013

Poundworld, £1 each
If I ever go into a pound shop - or if Martin does - we make a point of checking the beauty section to see what nail polishes are on offer. This store had a bit of a rubbish selection, but I managed to grab Sinful Colours 'Courtney Orange', Sally Hansen 'Bandage' and 'Wet Cement' for a mere £3 - bargain!

 

Related Posts

2 comments

  1. Love those primark necklaces! Especially the first one. I am also a huge fan of the MUA blushes so good for a quid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe the first one is now available in 101 colours! x

      Delete