OOTD: Floral

July 04, 2013


I wasn't going to bother taking any photos of this outfit, it was a last minute decision sort of thing hence why they're taken in Martin's kitchen in the dark! So apologies for that but any photos are better than none I suppose. The reason I wanted to talk about this outfit is the dress - I bought it from Matalan a couple of weeks ago with a discount code, I believe I got it for about £14 (RRP is £16). However yesterday on their Facebook page Matalan announced that they were holding a dress event, with selected dresses being reduced to £5, £10 or £15. This particular dress I'm wearing was one of the ones to be reduced to £5. It has unfortunately already sold out online but you might be able to pick up a couple of different prints dependent on your size here. The event is also being held instore until Sunday 7th so you might have better luck there!

The dress is nothing like I expected it to be from the online photos, I know it says "Jacquard" but that part didn't really register with me! The fabric is lovely and thick, almost waffle-like in texture and will serve me well all through winter. It will be too heavy for a full blow summer's day but let's be honest... how many of those do we have in the UK? For those days where it's just "nice", not hot or cold (or raining) this fits the bill perfectly. The belt is actually one from a H! By Henry Holland dress I bought a couple of weeks ago, Martin had to modify it for me as it was too big but now it's my favourite waist belt. The tights are from Primark as usual, as is the bracelet which is purely metal and surprisingly heavy considering it was only £3. The boots are from George at Asda that I bought before Christmas last year, they're just a pull-on style that most places do at that time of year.

Dress - Matalan
Belt - Taken from this H! By Henry Holland dress
Bracelet - Primark
Tights - Primark
Boots - George at Asda

 

Related Posts

4 comments

  1. This is a gorgeous dress and such a bargain for £5! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I couldn't believe it when they reduced them to £5 xx

      Delete
  2. Loving the dress, what a bargain! xx

    ReplyDelete