Models Own Fuzzy Peach and Juicy Jules

July 16, 2013

Models Own Fuzzy Peach Juicy Jules review swatch photo

I have well and truly jumped back on the nail polish bandwagon, after a couple of months off it. With my previous nail polish shade being a bit dark and moody, I decided to go with something bright and summery to match the gorgeous weather we've been having. In truth, I wanted a coral shade but I didn't have any that I hadn't talked about before, so I went to my Models Own polish stand (Yes... I have one of those) and dug out Fuzzy Peach.

Models Own Fuzzy Peach Juicy Jules review swatch photo

You could word it whichever way you like but Fuzzy Peach is orange, no two ways about it! It does have a slight pink undertone, not making it a true orange but it's definitely there. I wasn't sure how this would look against my pale skin, but it doesn't look half bad. Due to it being such a bright shade it of course would look amazing with a tan, but I'm not quite there yet! After painting both hands I decided that I wanted an accent nail, so decided to go the whole Models Own hog and apply Juicy Jules to my ring fingers. Juicy Jules, as many of you know is a holographic glitter - it doesn't show up well on camera at all. However, just one coat of this added that little extra something and sparkles beautifully in the sunlight.

Models Own Fuzzy Peach Juicy Jules review swatch photo

Fuzzy Peach initially was a bit of a pain to apply, however after three coats it evened out nicely with no visible nail line to be seen. It dried in a reasonable time and to a reasonable finish, and the brush was easy to work with like always. Juicy Jules was much easier to apply, there was a good spread of glitter across the nail and I didn't have to go back and fill in any gaps. Now, I applied this combination on Monday night last week, and by Friday only one chip and some nail tip wear had appeared. Over a week later, my index finger on my left hand has chipped very badly but all of the rest of the nails look pretty much immaculate. How is this possible? I'm not sure if it's the top coat I put on - although it didn't make my previous nail polish last this long - or whether these Models Own shades are particularly long lasting but consider me impressed!

Models Own nail polishes can be found in Boots for £5.

 

Related Posts

2 comments

  1. That's gorgeous, I love models own polishes!

    www.beautyangel.ie

    ReplyDelete