All Used Up #9

July 18, 2013

No subconscious effort went into using up products this time around; truth be told I haven't got too much left that can be incorporated into a daily routine. It was one of those times when everything came to its natural end all at the same time - hence why this post came around a lot quicker than previous ones. So, without further ado let's take a look at my empties this time...


Sainsbury's Fragrance Free Moisturising Lotion
I've had this for a good couple of years, and was one that I came back to using a few months ago. This is a really nice, soothing lotion that feels cool on the skin and leaves the perfect base for applying make up. It was gel-like in texture, so felt lightweight and spread easily. I went to Sainsbury's to repurchase another bottle and they've stopped making it - damn!
Repurchase? If I saw it in a store, yes but I'm not holding out any hopes.


Molton Brown Blissful Temptree Shower Gel
You may remember that I got this not so long ago in the Selfridges Summer Beauty Box and instead of saving it for travel - a rare occasion - I decided to start using it straight away. I love this scent, I couldn't describe it but it's easily my favourite scent from the entire Molton Brown range. This foamed really nicely and a little went a surprisingly long way.
Repurchase? Yes.


L'Oreal Paris Skin Perfection 3-in-1 Purifying Micellar Solution
This made it into my favourites in May and is a really good product for such a reasonable price. If you're looking for a cheaper, UK version of Bioderma look no further than this. The only difference I noticed was that it left a slight film on my skin, but seeing as I applied moisturiser straight over the top this never was a problem for me. Highly recommended if you use micellar waters.
Repurchase? My current skincare routine doesn't warrant a micellar water, so probably not.


The Body Shop Ginger Sparkle Shower Gel
I bought this back in March from the online sale, and when I received it I wasn't sure whether to save it for the winter months or use it straight away. Obviously I decided on the latter and I'm glad I did - to me it's not a wintery scent. I think I've mentioned this before but to me it smelt like ginger ale; if you ignore the snowflakes on the label it could have been sold any time of year.
Repurchase? If they bring it back for Christmas this year, than yes.


V05 Gloss Me Smoothly Conditioner
This was a necessity purchase, as these things often are. I've seen a few bloggers mention this range with positive reviews, so when I spotted this in Boots I thought I'd give it a try - I believe this and the shampoo I bought were on a "2 for £5" offer. I was very impressed with this; it really helped detangle my hair and leave it with a nice shine, without looking weighed down or greasy.
Repurchase? Yes.


Mark Hill Fabulous Finish Hair Spray
Another product that made it into my favourites and this really was unexpected. I decided to use it up when tying my hair back for work - I get a lot of flyaway hairs that need holding down. It was quite strange in the way that it sprayed out and I wasn't overkeen on the smell, but it did a really good job at taming my hair and really that's all that matters, right?
Repurchase? I don't believe this range is sold anymore, so no.

 

Related Posts

2 comments

  1. That micellar solution sounds great for me! Thanks Beth May Blogs
    My Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good is you have a need for a micellar water in your routine! x

      Delete