Trends I Love: Holographic

June 27, 2013

This was a trend that I had already fallen in love with, without realising that it was a current trend... it's not often that I can say that I've done that! I've seen a few pieces in shops here and there, they caught my eye - well, how could they not with all that shiny material? I ended up buying one of the most holographic pieces of clothing that money can buy, that you'll see immediately below, but with that exception none of this trend has made it into my wardrobe. I think I may have to rectify this before it goes out of fashion!


Silver mermaid leggings
£26.78 - £33.47
Etsy

This was the item that I bought, and I think you have to agree that you could not get much more holographic than these bad boys! These shine incredible bright and colourful in the sun, they're certainly a pair to get you noticed and remembered. I bought my pair from Shop Emerald City that have unfortunately closed down, but I found the exact same pair on Etsy for a similar price.


ASOS Spirograph Multi Foil Dress
£35.00 £17.50
ASOS

Martin actually spotted this when I was browsing the sale the other day, and whist generally I think that trends like this need minimal interjections into an outfit, this is an exception to the rule. I love the shape of the dress and the design, and I would have bought it if it had sleeves (Conscious of my upper arms being on show)! At the time of posting this is currently in stock in all sizes.


Hologram Ballet Flats
£13.75
Forever 21

Since buying my leggings, I've literally been searching high and low for a pair of flat holographic shoes until today. I absolutely adore these, they're perfect for giving a nod to the trend without going all-out 90's disco. This pair is "gunmetal" and they come in gold too - for that price I'm tempted to buy both colours! I'm kicking myself for not looking at the shoes in the Birmingham store.


Holographic Clutch
£18
Next

Another item that gives a nod to the trend is this bag. I can't say that I'm a fan of clutch bags, usually, but this one comes with a hidden handle so it's onto a winner! I love the simple design, that compliments the holographic material rather than working against it... too much of a good thing is possible. It also appears to be a good size and is just big enough for a night out.


Layla Cosmetics Hologram Effect Nail Polish Mercury Twilight
£5.24
Amazon

Lastly, I could write this post without including a holographic nail polish. Fashion it may not be but many say a set of well painted nails completes an outfit and I have to say that I agree. After seeing swatches online many months ago I was staggered by its beauty but also by the price. However it is now half the price of what it used to be and is finally available in the UK... woohoo!

 

Related Posts

Leave a comment