|

Birthday Haul

June 18, 2013

Just short of two weeks ago, it was my birthday and we all know what that means - a birthday haul! I didn't ask for any presents from my family this year, just some money so I could buy what I wanted. It was less hassle all around really! I did ask for a couple of things from Martin and he ended up getting me quite a bit, which is what I've started off with below. I'd like to point out before I get started that he did also buy me a hip flask (ever the boozer I am) and a bottle of pink gin, but it didn't feel relevant to include them so I left them out. So without further ado, let me show you what I got for my birthday this year...


Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat in 03 Fractured Foil - Gift
Martin got off to a good start this year, by finding me this. Not only do I love Sally Hansen nail polish, I love crackles and I love a foil finish! I have a similar version of this in gold by MUA that I have used to death, so I'm pretty pleased that I've now got a silver one to match.


Chain bracelets - Gift
I've said before that I'm not usually a bracelets person, but over the last few months that has definitely changed. I've added more to my bracelet collection this year than I have ever done and now I have even more! I love these, they are made out of metal but are very lightweight.


Chain and spike bracelets - Gift
Believe it or not apparently these chain bracelets and the ones you see above came from different shops... until Martin told me I had no idea. I know the spike bracelets are from Primark, because I was eyeing them up in Birmingham until Martin told me he'd already bought me them - oops!


Quilted bag - Gift
This was what I'd asked for from Martin - this is from ASOS and was £16. I have a similar bag to this in black/silver that I've had for a few years and has seen better days, so I wanted a similar replacement. I usually wear more gold jewellery than silver so it made sense to choose this one.


Forever 21, £3.15
Starting off the items I bought for myself, I bought this from Birmingham. The store was massive so it had a huge jewellery department - I was in heaven! I bought this ring because it reminded me of the bows used on the Ted Baker purses and bags - simplicity at its best and I love it.


Forever 21, £3.90
I spent forever and a day trying on all of the rings in the shop, to only come away with two that actually fitted me - and one's an animal ring, surprise surprise! In the shop I was convinced that it was a bear head, but the more I look at it the more I think it looks like a cat - what do you think?


Forever 21, £3.90
Martin had to give me a little convincing to buy this but in the end I relented, and I'm glad I did. It's unlike anything else I own in my collection and it goes with pretty much anything. My only annoyance is that I cannot for the life of me get the sticker off the inside cleanly!


Forever 21, £4.90
Again adding to my collection, I very rarely wear necklaces and when I wanted to, I could never find one that works with what I'm wearing. This is another simple piece that works so well, and is a good length too. However this broke the first time I wore it so Martin had to fix it - not good!


Dorothy Perkins, £5
I've spent a long time in shops and on the internet looking for a rose gold necklace - I had the rings, earrings and bracelets after all! Eventually Martin found this one for me in the sale section, and it couldn't be more perfect. It's quite unusual thanks to the ombre ends.


Boots, £12.99
I knew I wanted to buy this, but by god was it a pain to find! The store in the Bullring had none left, the second store we visited had no Soap & Glory stand at all and finally it was third time lucky. I ended up buying two on their "3 for 2" offer, as well as another Archery brow pencil.


Boots, £1.99
Every time I wander near a nail polish stand I tell myself, no more nail polish... but always end up walking away with one or two in my hand. Fee from Makeup Savvy posted about this brand and when I spotted them in Boots, I had to have a little nosey. This is the shade 322 "Let Me Go".


ASOS, £3.60
Just before my birthday I had an email from ASOS, offering me a code for 10% off and free next day delivery, like they did last year. (The code is JUNBDAY2013 if you want to take advantage!) I was uhhmming and aahing about these for a while but in the end just went ahead and bought them.


ASOS, £22
I've been after a little black dress for as long as I can remember, so when I spotted this my heart skipped a beat! It has a sweetheart neckline, short sleeves and would hit just above the knee on me. When it arrived I tried it on straight away and it is perfect - I need the rest of the colours pronto!


ASOS, £17.50
I spotted this in the sale and wasn't sure whether to buy it or not. I wanted to stray out of my comfort zone and add a bit of colour to my wardrobe though, so in the basket it went. I'm really glad I did - it's a perfect fit and is quite flattering, despite having a higher neckline.


Debenhams, £20
I spotted this H! By Henry Holland dress on Pink Haired Princess recently, and was stunned to find it in the sale. For me, it's not worth the full price (£40) because it is not lined, but it comes with a gorgeous belt and is otherwise nice quality. The print features cowboy boots, stars and horseshoes.

 

Related Posts

4 comments

  1. Happy belated birthday! Looks like you got lots of treats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! I had to spoil myself a little ;) x

      Delete
  2. Anonymous19 June, 2013

    Hope you had an awesome birthday! You should definitely do a review of the Sally Hansen nailpolish!!

    http://cutiepiepenguin.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie, I did! I will in the future, thanks for your comment! x

      Delete