Review: Indola Innova Glamour Precious Oil

May 03, 2013

You may have spotted this in my favourites post last month, where I mentioned that I had found this product again after leaving it unloved for many months. I could've kicked myself when I eventually decided to start using it as it's a very good product! Sadly I'm always doing things like this - buying new items (clothes especially), and forgetting about what I already have. Months or even years later I rediscover them and wonder how I'd lived without them all that time. Anyway, that aside it is high time that I gave this the review it deserves, so off we go.


Before receiving this at the Leeds Blogger Meet Up last year, I had never heard of this brand and I don't think anyone else there had either. The brand is not very well known at all, and I have to say that whilst trying to research the brand it appears to be a bit hard to come by. It seems to be exclusively professional, designed and created for hair salons. Indola's range is massive - ranging from hair colour to shampoos, there really is something for everyone and I have to say that it's quite impressive. With all of that in mind, I was curious to try their oil from their Innova range.


The oil comes packaged in a standard box, with the bottle inside appearing exactly as it does above. I noticed straight away that it didn't come with a lid... is it just me that finds that odd? The pump of the bottle is lockable by twisting it, but it just seems incomplete without a lid! Personally I wouldn't trust being able to put it into my overnight bag without popping it into a sealed bag first, but that's just me. Talking of the pump, this is by far my favourite way of dispensing hair oils and this one works perfectly. Two pumps gives me the perfect amount of oil for my hair. The oil itself doesn't feel particularly heavy or greasy, and has a really pleasant scent - it definitely reminds me of hair salons! It's a comforting scent that isn't overpowering yet leaves my hair lightly fragranced.


This particular product contains marula oil rather than the ever-popular argan oil, and that is a refreshing change. The description on the label claims to reduce split ends by up to 90%, which is quite a staggering claim! Unfortunately I have not found this oil to reduce split ends at all, but has improved the appearance of them on application, which is a different kettle of fish altogether. But, as of yet I have not heard of a single hair care product that has actually managed to reduce split ends, so don't think the criticism above as being too harsh! As suggested, I apply the oil to my hands and apply to the mid-end lengths of my towel dried hair before blow drying. Doing this leaves my hair feeling soft, manageable, shiny and healthy looking - what more can I want? I've also tried this on dry hair and the effects are similar, but I find this personally a bit too heavy for my hair type. However it does work quite well at smoothing down any flyaways, so as long as I'm careful its certainly very useable!

Final verdict: An impressive hair oil from a little-known brand in the beauty world (Please feel free to correct me if you've seen this brand before!). It should work well on all but the oiliest hair types and will last you a long time, even with regular usage.

Indola Innova Glamour Precious Oil* can be bought from Hair Supermarket for £7.95 (not including P+P).

 

Related Posts

Leave a comment