Daily Make Up Storage

January 19, 2013

Not so long ago, I had my bedroom redecorated. This meant a big rehaul of pretty much everything in my room, especially storage! I will go into my other storage e.g. wardrobe and under-bed in the room tour but today and next week I wanted to show you guys my new make up and jewellery storage. I still keep the majority of my make up in these drawers from IKEA - I wrote a post where I customised them here. I still love them and for the foreseeable future at least they still work really well for me. However, I did need a little something for my every day make up (which up until then was an old JolieBox), and it came in the form of a Christmas present from my mum and dad!


This is my make up caddy, which is available to buy from Lakeland. You can get them in either black/white or cream, and retail for £14.99 each. It is separated into three compartments; two main ones separated by a handle and a little drawer on the bottom. The side that you can see above has a raised bottom due to the drawer being underneath it, which makes it the perfect height for products such as foundations. On the handle section are elasticated brush holders, six in total. In this side I have a 2true bronzing powder, Soap & Glory's Love At First Blush, MUA's Undressed Palette, Superdrug eyelash curlers, Soap & Glory's Hocus Focus, Revlon Colorstay in Buff, Soap & Glory's Archery in Brownie Points, two eyeshadow brushes, stippling brush, Benefit Bad Gal Lash mascara, MUA's eye primer and a blusher brush.


The other side, that you can see above, goes all the way down to the bottom of the caddy, so it suitable for taller items in my collection. In this side it's less about make up and more about the other products I use on a daily basis. It is separated into three sections, which makes it easy to keep things neat and organised. In this side I have my hair comb, Redken Align 12 Protective Straightening Lotion, Good Things Miracle Mattifier Moisturiser and a deodorant from Superdrug.


Finally, this is the little drawer on the bottom of the caddy. I do like this drawer, and it does have its uses, but for me I find it too shallow to put most make up products in. It also isn't very long, so I will be saving this for products such as single eyeshadows and small palettes as and when I use them. At the moment, I have Soap & Glory's Kick Ass Concealer in there, along with my Tweezerman Browmousse that you can just about make out.

For me this little caddy is perfect - I wanted something that matched the color scheme of my room, would allow my products to be easily visible and be durable enough to survive a daily battering, which it is certainly getting at the moment! The joy of having storage such as this is that it makes it really easy for me to rotate my make up on a regular basis from the IKEA drawers. For example, I no longer have Soap & Glory's Love At First Blush in there - I have since swapped it out for an Estée Lauder blush, and I have also added in TRESemmé's Liquid Gold to the section with my comb and Redken lotion in.

Do you have some sort of storage for your daily make up? Do you rotate products too?

 

Related Posts

4 comments

  1. I like to keep my daily makeup separate from my collection and switch it around a bit so products don't get neglected. This is perfect as it has all the different sections. Great find

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not just me who does that then! You should get one, they're really very good x

      Delete
  2. This is great and so handy for those who swapping the stash! Great post. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly what I've ended up using it for! :) Thank you! x

      Delete